Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy eRoadRacing 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there. We'll have a bunch of EV bike folks there, if we consolidate the forums. Maybe we should try for a larger meetup?

elmoto:
    Nuts & Volts
    EVGator
    TonyHelms
    Jay64 (racing!)

Electric Motorcycle Forum:
    skadamo
    grindz145

Brammoforum:
    00049 (aka sopfu)
    Brammo Rider Wannabe
    protomech (putting myself here since I started the thread : p)

EVGator: you have the Juiced bike, correct? Will you be racing at Indy?
    Last edited by protomech; 15 August 2013 at 0705.
    2006 Suzuki GS500, sold
    2012 Zero S ZF9
    http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't keep all of the forums straight!

Is anyone interested in meeting up Saturday night? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Protomech, we are students at Southern Polytechnic State University in Marietta, GA that started an electric vehicle team in order to build and race different types of vehicles. We have an electric motorcycle that we're racing at Indy. We were having some battery issues last night while it was on the dyno, but we're sorting that out tonight at the hotel more than likely And should be good to practice tomorrow. We've also got an electric go kart just to tool around in. We threw it in the trailer as well haha. Gotta do some donuts every once in a while to relieve stress ya know?

Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin is at SPSU now : )

Will look forward to meeting you guys this weekend.
    2006 Suzuki GS500, sold
    2012 Zero S ZF9
    http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome!

Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else around. We're the only team not using a production bike, and using a bike that we've basically built most of in two weeks. So it's going to be an interesting ride. We designed it months ago, but funding came in a little late. The first year has been full of obstacles, but we're here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGator View Post
    That's awesome!

Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else around. We're the only team not using a production bike, and using a bike that we've basically built most of in two weeks. So it's going to be an interesting ride. We designed it months ago, but funding came in a little late. The first year has been full of obstacles, but we're here.
    I'd really like to hear from your guys. I've been working with RIT to do the same thing. They were shooting to have a racebike this year but it didn't happen. We're building a bike for Ted Rich to race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grindz145 View Post
    I'd really like to hear from your guys. I've been working with RIT to do the same thing. They were shooting to have a racebike this year but it didn't happen. We're building a bike for Ted Rich to race.
    Hmm I didnt know that. I've been working with the OSU team for awhile now. I'd love to help you guys out in any way I can. I'll be driving over to Indy sometime this afternoon. Hit me up if you need any tools or parts and I'll bring them with me!
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like this will probably be the last race of eRoadracing in the US. They are bailing on us for next year. Nice to know that we put in so much of our work and money into their series just to have them take the ball and leave. lmao

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like there needs to be a new organizer for the Amaerican electric motorcycle racing series. I wish I had the connections and the know how to do that as there is definitely the bikes out there to make it work. Just never has there been an actual proper series. Two races does not make a championship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay64 View Post
    Looks like this will probably be the last race of eRoadracing in the US. They are bailing on us for next year. Nice to know that we put in so much of our work and money into their series just to have them take the ball and leave. lmao
    WOW so sorry to hear that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast