Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  64
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Podbuilder

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    That was one heck of a project and I'm sure you learned a lot. What are you gonna do different on version 2?
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Version 2 will has a few adjustments to the design. I'll make the handle bars slightly wider at the elbows and increase the front fork centreline offset from the bike to allow the wheel to turn a little more. Might use slightly larger diameter metal on the handle bars as they flex just a bit. Im going to use Vee Rubber Tyres but have a 2nd set of Hoosiers tyres for show.

Im using the headway cells again but the 8ah cells that have a 10c rating. I'll build a 24s3p pack. I'd like to have better acceleration to have more control of the steering.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I was going to comment on the slow steering in the video. I thought it was because of the automotive tires. Here's an interesting video on the use of car tires on motorcycles
    https://youtu.be/hEZeR9E3JyY.
    Maybe it's just riding technique adjustment ?? But the BatPod is Batshit crazy cool !! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that was entertaining. Thanks for the link. Steering this bike is hard. The road needs to be flat and the balancing act on cornering requires concentration. Thus the swap to more bike friendly tyres.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627