Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agility Saietta unveiled, the decidedly unconventional electric sports bike

Post Thanks / Like

Agility Saietta unveiled, the decidedly unconventional electric sports bike

A new player has entered the electric motorcycle game, joining the likes of Brammo's Empulse but doing it with rather more... unconventional styling. It's the Agility Global Saietta, an all-electric sports bike that will come in two flavors: the 50 mile range Saietta S and the 100 mile Saietta R. The latter of the two will be quicker than the first, getting to 60 in under four seconds, whereas S riders will have to wait another tick of the stopwatch. Naturally that extra range and speed will cost you: 9,975 for the S and 13,975 for the R, figures that equate to roughly $16,200 and $22,650. Hefty sums, both, but nobody said being on the cutting edge of the humpbacked sport bike trend was going to be cheap. We weren't given any specific horsepower or weight figures, but we're told the power to weight ratio is 675hp per ton. You can make your own guesses about weight to try and get a firm power figure, but it certainly should be peppy enough.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/03/a...onal-electric/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw that on the MCN teaser web site. I admire the Italians for their forward design thinking - but I doubt that design is going to sell very many units to typically conservative motorcycle buyers. It would look wonderful displayed in a modern art museum, though.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow harlan On Twitter Add harlan on Facebook
    Visit harlan's Youtube Channel
    There are some actual pictures of it posted on Engadget

The styling, with all the junk up front, reminds me of the Dugally Soma which Hell For Leather points out, doesn't look as strange when someone is sitting on it.

teddillard
    Quote Originally Posted by harlan View Post
    ... Dugally Soma which Hell For Leather points out, doesn't look as strange when someone is sitting on it.
    HAHAHahaaha: "We can practically hear your knuckles crack as you prepare to head into comments and type something along the lines of “I just threw up a little in my mouth” or “Nuke it from space, it’s the only way to be sure.” Took the words outta my mouth. Butt ugliest excuse for a bike I think I can remember ever seeing... both of them.

jpanichella
    that thing is a bummer

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO....Butt Ugly.
    EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Motenergy.com
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It might feel weird riding that at speed, normally a windshield/deflector moves the wind away from the rider. This body style seems ideal to channel it into you chest and body.
    "We realize that we have not answered all your questions and in most cases, our
    answers have only served to produce more questions for which we have no answers,
    leaving us as confused as before. However, (we believe) we are now confused on a
    much higher level and about much more important things than before."

1978 Suzuki GS550 - 48V 60Ah Pb-A, Alltrax 4844, Etek-RT
    1997 Suzuki Katana 600 - 18s8p (~72V, 40Ah) 30C Turnigy Lipo, Navitas 500A with D&D Sepex

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire the Italians for their forward design thinking -
    It's British, just an Italian name. Designed by Agility Global ltd. in London.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Coiro View Post
    It might feel weird riding that at speed, normally a windshield/deflector moves the wind away from the rider. This body style seems ideal to channel it into you chest and body.
    Have you every ridden a Feetforward harley stile cruiser? I'd bet this would feel very similar
    It's like hitting a brick wall while riding at 140kph!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast