Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RR Ride Review

Post Thanks / Like

RR Ride Review

Wes rides some hold-on-tight torque:

http://rideapart.com/2014/03/2014-br...e-rr-review/2/

Post Thanks / Like
    Did someone mention "no gearbox"?
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm of two minds about wes. Anyone that's rides a bike - regardless of what powers it - and takes it beyond what range it has left, then has the ordacity
    to complain about it's range looses all credability.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    Did someone mention "no gearbox"?
    Oh no he di'nt!

Post Thanks / Like
    "No matter how fast and friendly a bike gets, it still won’t make you a fast rider. Eric passed me on the inside of a corner, on a Ninja 250, while waving."

This is not a situation in which a motorcycle reviewer should EVER find themselves - this guy clearly cannot ride a motorcycle to save his life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dillard View Post
    (psst. your "squid" is showing. ) lmao

Give Eric a moped and he'll thrash about anybody's ass - on anything they're riding - with it.

..but thanks for posting that, it kept me from continuing to read the (even sillier) comments on the story.
    lol - I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you know one or both of these guys Ted - but I ain't retracting the point.
    ..and those little 250's would doubtless be great fun on track - but the day ever comes that I get overtaken by one whilst sitting on a race prepped superbike spec machine on any track bigger than a basketball court, then I'm burning my leathers!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Brammo is a street bike set up on slicks?

Its good to see some reviews, even though I haven't seen reviews in a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the line to focus on is the very first one "So, on a track, with a full race crew in support, on Dunlop’s best SBK-spec slicks, was this the fastest, best handling bike I’ve ever ridden? Yes it was."

Say what you will about Wes, he has ridden a lot of bikes.

To keep that in context, Brammo started selling the Enertia in 2009. 5 years from meh to holy crap.
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    I get the impression we're going to remain at odds on this point Ted, enjoy your beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty well known. I read about a trackday at Anderstorp (longest track in Sweden, ex F1). A kid (14 years old) on a Ninja 250 was running faster than all of the 1000cc street guys. They were almost crying. Only guys competing in roadracing with 600 or 1000cc were faster. I just compared my own times on 600cc to what the kids competing on Ninja 250's run, and I'm about 10 sec slower per lap. After 2-3 days of practice, I could probably run within 2 seconds behind the kids, but I would probably have to practice for a full season to become 2 seconds faster than them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast