Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2014 Racing schedule?

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Racing schedule?

Does anyone know what's going on this year? IOM TT is coming up pretty soon. Are they going to continue with an electric class? I just noticed that the egrandprix (TTXGP) website no longer exists. I found some information about TTXGP joining forces with FIM, but I have not been able to find a schedule of races for this year. Anybody?

Electric Warrior CaptainKlapton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add CaptainKlapton on Google+
    Looks like Mugen will be at the IOM: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/popu...o-shinden-san/
    And the TTXGP is now the "eRoad Racing FIM World Cup." Their schedule is here, but it is still only for 2013...
    Last edited by CaptainKlapton; 14 March 2014 at 1355.
    "Never let schooling interfere with your education."
    -Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    We're racing electric at the TT this year

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk

www.arc-ev-engineering.co.uk

ARCEVRacing on twitter

4. Likes Skeezmour liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    eFX Championship will be run in Australia this year with the first race in June at Queensland Raceway. There should be 5 bikes this time. And mine will be one of them!

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Visit SplinterOz's Youtube Channel
    Good to hear. I will be there with bells on.
    SplinterOz
    From Australia'a Capital
    http://rgelectric.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found the eMoto racing series which has been running races since February of this year. The next race is July 11-13 at New Jersey Motorsports Park. I'm thinking of going. Is anyone else in the area who might be interested?

eMoto Racing website
    eMoto Racing on fb

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Yeah! Thats only 1/2 hour from me....thx for posting.
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95R, 6:1 Gearing, 11 Leaf Modules.
    Alltrax SPM72400, 400 amp Controller, all LED lighting
    2014 CRF450X Supermoto
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Sorry, I'm not on here much these days, but I can shed some light I think.

The TTXGP organization became the official promoter of the FIM's eRoadRacing series (and signed a 10 year contract). While we had a season last year (albeit with no final) this season seems to have fallen through. At the same time the eMotoRacing was developed by a former AMA racer who worked with the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association [I think I got that right] (AHRMA), a club racing series, which had been a huge help to the TTXGP over the last few years here in the US. The "eMR" as I call it, is an exhibition class and will race a total of 10 rounds this year. Brammo has been racing gas bikes in the American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM), the country's oldest motorcycle club racing organization in the country, again this year. I haven't been keeping tabs like I usually do but I don't think they have been racing the Empulse RRs this year. Its just been Eric on the hopped up TTX, and Shelina on a stock Empulse R. But, recently the E-Moto series has popped up in Europe. I have yet to get the details on that.

This is a plug, but if you want to know about racing my website is ESBK.co. Now, my page seems to be down at the moment, but I have a facebook page as well that usually is more up to date with links to other people's articles and such. David Heron does a very good job of covering everything at Electric Racing News. And Ted Dillard at least covered the TT on his blog. Although, he's told me repeatedly racing isn't his thing. Hope that helps.

Richard

[Edit:Sorry that euro series is MotoE, not E-Moto.
    Last edited by jazclrint; 21 June 2014 at 1422.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Oh, and the Isle of Man TT Zero is their own race, and I see no signs of it going away anytime soon. There will be a few electric bikes at Pike's Peak this year, but last I heard it's going to be half the field it was last year. I think Pike's Peak is this or next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a pretty accurate assesment of 2014 ebike racing.
    Let me weigh in on the eMotoRacing Series that I am promoting in conjunction with AHRMA. As stated it is exhibition class this year, and promises to to move up in status next year considering the positive reception we have enjoyed.
    There have been increasing grids, stand out riders, and quite a few new teams preparing bikes for competition later this year and next season.
    We only announced the class late in 2013, allowing little time for competitors to gear up for 2014. Now that we really have had races...not just promises, there are solid prospects for our series.
    The roster of tracks is impressive and AHRMA has been great.
    We have 4 tracks left in this season. Miller should bring out an interesting field, and Barber will be very hotly contested.
    Don't miss it.