Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Energica Ego

Post Thanks / Like

Energica Ego

I appreciate his metaphor for the electric vs IC debate.

"For anyone who has sailed on open water, they will recognize the moment that a sailboat leaves the harbor under motor, and pushes into the channel with the low hum of the engine existing just under the line of recognition.
    Then there’s that moment when the sails are set, the motor turns off, and suddenly you hear the lapping of the water against the hull, the power of the wind rocking the boat, and the relationship between the breeze and your locomotion.
    It’s a romantic experience, and not at all dissimilar to what you feel on an electric motorcycle — I would challenge anyone to call this soulless. For the purists who lament the increasing complexity of riding a motorcycle, electrics provide perhaps the better answer to the “just enjoy the ride” experience."

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/energica-ego/

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ego seems well designed and looks very nice (and conventional). Unfortunately, the projected price has got me choked up, especially with only a 11.7 kWh battery pack, which is smaller than the one in my Zero. Plus, it weighs 130 pounds more than my bike. I think I will stick with my Zero for now.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is sort of an odd review published by RideApart.com of the pre-production Energica Ego. Did they actually ride it and why is it so heavy?:

http://rideapart.com/2014/08/review-...For+Leather%29
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    Here is sort of an odd review published by RideApart.com of the pre-production Energica Ego. Did they actually ride it and why is it so heavy?:

http://rideapart.com/2014/08/review-...For+Leather%29
    Yes. Them and several journalists went to (or were flown to) Italy to test the pre-production machine. I think a better question is why are Zeros so light. They are much lighter than everyone else's bikes.

I signed up to go to Bear Mountain. Now I had to cancel my plans because there was no way I was going to get a new car and bike license in time. But I never got any info back as to where to meet or anything. Was it just me or didn't anyone else either hear back from Energica?

Cross Country on a zero S
    Post Thanks / Like
    They only had a couple of bikes so there were a limited number of test rides, but they should have informed you even if you weren't chosen. We had a few electric bikers at Bear Mountain. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow jazclrint On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by benswing View Post
    They only had a couple of bikes so there were a limited number of test rides, but they should have informed you even if you weren't chosen. We had a few electric bikers at Bear Mountain. Sorry you couldn't make it.
    Thanks Ben! Yeah, I don't know what happened. Next time I won't use my website's e-mail address, maybe that will help. Nah, might have put the address in wrong, or maybe an e-mail setting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is Autoblog's take on the Energica Ego: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/12/e...t-ride-review/