Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lit C-1 is back

Post Thanks / Like

The Lit C-1 is back

At least in a short article in the Auto section of my newspaper. And they are still claiming that the C-1 has a top speed of over 100 mph and a 200-mile "operating" range at a cruising speed of 65 mph - from a 8 kWh battery pack. And this pack will only take 4 to 6 hours to recharge from a 110-volt household electrical outlet. Prices start at $24,000. "Get full details at www.litmotors.com" To my knowledge, no one has actually seen a Lit on public roads except in a promotional video and I have never heard of any journalist actually testing one, much less a C-1 being purchased. Maybe they should call it the "Lint".
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    In their FAQ under specs they say:

"As we are not yet at production, all figures are best estimates."

Video of it self stabilizing is pretty impressive (although the segment where it gets hit by a Nissan Leaf is clearly a simulation).

http://litmotors.com/wp-content/them...0/video/c1.mp4
    - Noah Podolefsky -
    The GSX-E

Post Thanks / Like
    Video where a new version of their "landing gear" is demonstrated and a journalist takes it for a very short and slow drive.

Video of a prototype C1 being driven and a slow-motion version of a slalom test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Needless to say, I have not pre-ordered, but I love the concept. I hope they can fund themselves through to production and not become vaporware, like so many other promising projects I would really like a freeway capable, HOV lane-legal, enclosed EV with 110V charging. 110V is the best option for multifamily housing with a shared underground garage. I MIGHT be able to wrangle a deal to charge with 110V, but installing a level II charger is off the table. So, good luck, Lit Motors, and if anyone is willing to risk the money, consider a pre-order or some other investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is hard to believe that the Lit C-1 could be sold for $24K. I would think it would take at least twice that much for them to make money on the vehicle.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    very true - it's a total bargain at $24k!

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the second seat behind the driver? I remember there was room for two in the C-1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrash View Post
    What happened to the second seat behind the driver? I remember there was room for two in the C-1.
    The concepts shown are not the complete/final design. According to the two videos posted above, a passenger seat is still a part of the plan. They don't specifically show how that would be accomplished, but they do reference passenger seating at 1:50 in the first video and at 1:10 in the 2nd video.

In another recent video, of their EP4 concept vehicle, Daniel Kim (Owner of Lit Motors) responded to YT comments about the design. He stated that one iteration will be a hatchback, with storage capabilities for four grocery bags, and another configuration will accommodate a passenger.

Three weeks ago, Daniel Kim replied to aYT comment that the new design has still not been released to the public.
    Thanks! I wish I could show you the new design we have. It is awesome! Light years better. I hope you like it when we release it.
    Also, from Lit's website FAQs:
    How much cargo can the C-1 hold? Can it carry a passenger? In addition to the driver: the C-1 has enough space for an adult passenger and a small bag, or about the same amount of cargo you can carry on a plane (roller bag, briefcase, a few bags of groceries).

9. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a beautiful example of engineering and technology. I just can't understand the need for gyros when a third wheel does the trick. Anybody out there convert a can-am spyder. PODBUILDER has the right idea IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe podbuilder is cool and everything...i really wanted to tip my hat to black widow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast