Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiveWire article by Autoblog

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this topic has really been beat to death all over the internet. I saw the article before the correction. In my opinion I think Levatich is the one that made the comment about the price. But all of us once in awhile make a comment that seconds after we said it realized we shouldn't have said that out loud and immediately regret it. I think that is what happened to Levatich.

Harley Davidson currently has job postings for two positions related to the development of an electric motorcycle. I don't think they would be trying to hire people to work on developing Live Wire if this is really just a publicity stunt as some claim.

The biggest obstacle that H-D will have in trying to sell electric motorcycles will be their own dealer network. Customers may walk in with cash in hand to buy one but won't be able to find anyone willing to take their money.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was certainly the situation with Buell. I have a friend that bought a CityX and his dealer only had one mechanic that was willing to work on it. And he only came in on Fridays! H-D has a lot of old luggage to discard before they will get their dealers to want to sell the LiveWire, or whatever follows it in the future.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Status-free and luvin' it
    Post Thanks / Like
    H-D is dead in the water and their target market is floating passed out and bloated in their cheap beer.

The Metric companies are building bikes that the 30-somethings are jumping over each other to get their hands on. Makes sense, the 30-somethings grew up on Japanese dirt/motoX bikes. When they move into cruisers they are going to stick with who they know. They already have the brand loyalty built-in, and the massive custom aftermarket available to metric cruisers dwarfs what's available for HD.

Plus, when you go to a bike rally, the overwhelming sentiment is scoff towards the metric bikes, their riders and the aftermarket companies that support them.
    Mike Pipes
    - Currently under analysis paralysis.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    If you took off all the non-American made parts from your new HD, you wouldn't have a motorcycle to ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12