Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Ninja 250 Project

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Mine is a totally different bike frame, but I plan on adding a custom lower subframe / skid cage to replace the missing stressed member engine. That way I will be able to still remove the driveline/battery components 1 by 1 for maintenance.

I haven't worked it up properly yet, this is a rough Photoshop mock-up of the subframes. I will lay them out so the components fit. Hopefully it adds some drop protection too (not that I'm planning to drop it!) My stem bearings and nuts arrive tomorrow, so I can get the front end swap finalized, then a physical mock up of the sub-frames is next.

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely meant tension. Sorry, not a mechanical engineer. Have not even played one, until now. However, now I'm thinking the anti-gravity device is not such a bad idea.

The mechanical part is now becoming the most challenging aspect of my project. I have most of the electrical components worked out and purchased. Trying to come up with a modular lower subframe. I know I'll be swapping out the motor and batteries after a year or so. I'll definitely post and share my design as soon I complete it. Maybe even the iterations along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up the donor bike today. 2000 Ninja with a blown motor, titled and on non op. After 2 beers and 2 hours it went from this:

To this:

Needs a bit of brake work, some cleaning and some paint, but it'll definitely do the trick. I'll be able to sell the carbs and the good engine parts to cover any additional work I'll have to do on the chassis.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    It's amazing what a few beers can accomplish!
    Andrew's frame is a perimeter style frame like mine, similar to a yamaha "delta box" or VFR frame.
    This project will definately test your engineering prowess! The great thing about it is all the space to work with...
    that's an advantage.
    Last edited by Stevo; 21 February 2015 at 2043.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Gave the frame a quick bath and put the seat and tank on to get a look at the overall bike. This is going to be a naked bike, so I want to make sure that every component fits and will look good doing it.

Also ordered my batteries from Hybrid Auto Center today. They haven't sent me tracking info yet, but they should be here soon. Waiting on somebody to buy my gas bike before I order the motor and controller.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh happy day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also won a Vicor DC to DC converter, brand new, for 19 dollars on the bay. Double happy day.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Sardines or anchovies?
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the size of these tins, whole trout maybe?

Quick question for anybody familiar with Alltrax SPM controllers. The documentation doesn't do a very clear job of stating which coil voltage I should use for my contactor. Is it just 12V? Or is it my pack voltage? I'm looking at Tyco Kilovac contactors, I like the sealed design.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    They are good at answering your questions if you send them an email. If I remember correctly, the KSI circuit can't be less than 16 volts, so whole pack would be ok.
    It cant go more than 90 volts whole pack
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast