Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  9
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Kawasaki EX500 Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen that, and now that you mention it, it would be great for this application! I will watch this thread and hope someone finds a suitable option. I thought of drilling and tapping the bus bars for the majority of the connections, but that still leaves the end terminals.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not the only one looking for this! Sounds like either a local machine shop or the machinist who offered at the end of the thread.

Battery terminal bolt within bolt
    https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84509

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopster View Post
    You are not the only one looking for this! Sounds like either a local machine shop or the machinist who offered at the end of the thread.

Battery terminal bolt within bolt
    https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84509
    Ok. I just realized you are the only person looking for this! Let us know how it turns out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopster View Post
    Ok. I just realized you are the only person looking for this! Let us know how it turns out!
    Lol, thanks, I will.

I have a few machines at school that can do the job. Not sure if I want to go through all the trouble tho. Lol was hoping to just buy them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I have a pretty serious problem I need some help with-
    I have a bad cell in one of my leaf modules... Long story. Can I use the center lead as a current carrying lead to use half the pack? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeReal View Post
    Hey guys, I have a pretty serious problem I need some help with-
    I have a bad cell in one of my leaf modules... Long story. Can I use the center lead as a current carrying lead to use half the pack? Thanks
    Man, bummer. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I don't think you can. That's just going off of my memory from other forum posts, but I've heard folks say its sensing-only and cannot handle discharge current.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys! Its been a really long time. A lot has happened since I was here last.
    1. Had my first child!
    2. Graduated as an Engineer!
    3. Was hired as a Design Engineer!

So, I have a question- I have been having some not so good things happen to my Leaf Modules. Some have died, one has leaked. So, I have changes out many of the modules, and am lowering the current to the motor.

I still do not have an battery monitoring. What would you suggest I get to monitor the charge and discharge of the cell.
    Thanks guys! By the way, I am very glad to be able to work on my bike again!

Post Thanks / Like
    They're super stable modules so a periodic manual balancing effort would be sufficient.
    That being said if you want something more autonomous then it's really down to how much you want to spend.
    I've put these guys, and similar, to very good use in VX-1 conversions as a super budget voltage monitoring solution. They do balance but it's at rates which are far to low to be of any use to these big cells.

Beyond that then you're into bigger bucks and the likes of Vinci or Orion setups. Each have their benefits, so it's very much down to personal preference. For what it's worth though, the guys at Orion are top shelf for communication, I'm a super small customer all the way over in Ireland and still get outstanding support from them.

*ps: Congrats one hitting all those milestones, can relate - quite a gamechanger.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819