Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blue Smoke - Aprilia RS conversion

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow -UP- on Tumblr Visit -UP-'s Youtube Channel
    I've been exchanging some mails with Revolt and somehow their upcoming RV-160 Pro just jumped on top of my list.

Another thing that I just realized is that my Aprilia is registered on July 2003. On June 2003 there was a legislation implemented that requires EMC certificate for all the electronic components on the bike. I haven't contacted the inspection station yet, but this probably means that I must get an older frame. Luckily these old Aprilias aren't too expensive. I can still use the current bike to design the component mounts etc. and then take some spare parts for the other bike. I'll register the bike earliest next year, so this isn't a immediate issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mind sharing info if any on that upcoming revolt motor? rv-160, I would suppose a 160mm diameter motor.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

I don't really have anything more to say than this. They can customize the kv and shaft. Since it's a 20mm shaft, I requested a feature to be able to use off-the-shelf sprockets. I'll add an extra bearing to make steadier mount and increase the lifetime of the in-motor bearings.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    I have a motenergy motor and sevcon in the classified section that are matched, come with the programmer and will have a dcf file installed already from motenergy. Make offers.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Heinzmann motors are intriguing. They're a very reserved company, but I think a good product. Few motors are available with the liquid cool option, and everyone seems to like to compare their motor to the KTM Heinzmann motor. Here's your opportunity
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161712127782...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me add that the motors are heavy. Nope, I don't know the specific weight. The 2.0 kw pictured in the listing is identical in weight and structure and wiresize to another one I have that says 5.5kw. The ACD 4802 controller is a CAN bus that might be able to be configured to different settings; it's good for 175 amps for 2 minutes. That's where you go into Heinzmann downloads and I quickly got nowhere; but I'm a machinist, not an e.t. Another question that arises: the ACD controllers are listed as optimised for CW or for CCW rotation. The motors have no indication what their optimum rotation is. I would think they do have an optimum rotation. I'd think test-bench work can determine that.... Finally, the three phase wires on Heinzmann motors are not swapped to change rotation, as is mostly the case with RC motors. Leads 1,2,3 only go to controller U,V,W respectively. The wiring diagram for the controller provides a switch for f-rev.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a HPEVS ac23 kit. We've got one on the shelf

www.arc-ev-engineering.co.uk

ARCEVRacing on twitter

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by ARC EV Racing View Post
    What about a HPEVS ac23 kit. We've got one on the shelf
    Aren't these quite heavy? I found some info of 22.7kg weight, that would be three times the weight of Revolt RV-160.

Yesterday I took some measurements of the frame / engine mounts. My father also had some 8mm aluminium plates, which I'll probably use for the mounts.
    Last edited by -UP-; 31 May 2015 at 0059.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

I ordered Kelly KBL96351E and I'm waiting for the production of the RV-160 to start. Meanwhile, one more electronics video:

10. Likes SplinterOz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Still 1-2 weeks until I can order the Revolt. Meanwhile some video update, although I haven't work on this much on summer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast