Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja 600 - re-projecting

Post Thanks / Like
    So, not much progress for a while. I figured out where the battery pack is going, and I'm starting to make a cage out of angle. I'm planning to 'replace' the original frame rails out and around the ends of the battery cage and have one side removable to enable install and removal of the cells. I also had the charger reprogrammed, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
    IMG_5833.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright! Keep working through the winter so you can ride it on the first warm day of spring. I had the same 90v/Alltrax question, and my 7234 is happy with a 91.2v charge on 11 Leaf modules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the words Ned!

So the battery cage is pretty-much done, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. It's a little agricultural, but maybe I can add some pretty sides or something one day. One day...
    image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Next up is to get it mounted to the frame of the bike, then I'll probably see if I can't get some electrons to flow - I still don't know if all the components actually work. From there, I'll do the final mount and finish the frame mods. So stoked to see it coming together.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the box come apart to load/unload batteries in it?

The welding looks pretty good, and it's a compact container. I like the handle.

Sent from the Future via Google Skynet

Post Thanks / Like
    The side with the handle is bolted, not welded. Looks nice and strong!
    2003 Ninja 250EX, Agni #95R, 6:1 Gearing, 11 Leaf Modules.
    Alltrax SPM72400, 400 amp Controller, all LED lighting
    2014 CRF450X Supermoto
    http://www.evalbum.com/1955
    http://www.evalbum.com/3337

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks PFox84 and DRZ400. The handle isn't really a handle, it's just a strap that has to have a hump in it to clear the terminals. It's certainly been used as a handle, but it's a little heavy with all the modules in it. DRZ400 is right, one end is removable. At the moment it's all held together using the four long bolts that go thru the corners of all the modules, but I think I'll add some tabs to bolt the end on as well, it'll add a little more integrity. Here it is with the buss bars on.
    IMG_6191.jpg

Next step is probably to sit it in place and see if the motor and controller will actually work as advertised, since I got the whole thing second-hand. Then if all is well, I'll unload the modules and carry on with mounting the box in the frame. It's starting to get fun now...

Post Thanks / Like
    She's alive, that's a little relieving!

It pulled ~85A with me leaning on the rear brake, so it seems like it wants to go. Now to take it apart again and put it back together properly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats man! I bet that was a pretty great feeling.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little progress on the frame rails, though the pictures don't look very interesting! On the other side the frame rail attaches to the removable side of the battery cage and bolts into the frame, so that's taking a little more time.
    IMG_6736.jpgIMG_6740.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple more pics with the modules going in and in, to make sure everything fits. Then I took them out to do final welding, now I can put 'em back in again and try a test ride. I'm excited and nervous too, haha. If all goes well with the test, I'm going to cut the back off it and put a brat-style seat on it - I can't stand the stock seat and that funny tail hump fairing.
    IMG_6818.jpgimage2.jpgimage1.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast