Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '84 VF1000 Interceptor Conversion

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Original build: http://vorworxemc.wix.com/vorworx
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

2. Likes Arjay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    I'm wondering if Honda used the same frame for their 500/750/1000 in those early years or if I just lucked out finding the 1000.
    There is just about 12" of space across the inside of the frame. ...
    I have a VF500F in my garage and the frame is significantly narrower. Everything is very tight, I cannot imagine fitting a much larger engine into the frame. Partzilla has exploded views and part numbers for most things on the bike which is helpful when you have to go to Ebay to find an obsolete part. The parts are cross referenced showing the other models the parts were used on.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...F+A/parts.html

Good luck on your build, I am looking forward to seeing pictures when you have it running.

Chocula

4. Likes Arjay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick note, this build isn't dead just moving so slow it looks like it looks like it's standing still. Lots of planning, reading, measuring.
    Think I'm going to try a single sided swing arm conversion so I can make it belt driven. Fork upgrade would be nice too but haven't found the information I need for that yet.
    Figured out where I want to cut the tank bottom out so that will be done soon.
    Toyed with the Idea of doing some sort of CVT setup if the space was available, not ruled out yet but most of the CVT's I've seen that look small enough to fit are too flimsy looking.
    Any thoughts are welcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12