Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ideal Elmoto donors

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting build that. Use of the hub motor opens up options a load for lower performance vehicles as it frees lots of space for batteries.

Tyler

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow mcf12 On Twitter
    yeah, there's a long fight and some good science abt unsprung weight with hub motors, but i liked this platform.

Post Thanks / Like
    First time poster...

Curious as to why I can't find any evidence of Suzuki Bandit conversions. Here in the U.K. they are pretty common, cheap, good looking. I'd imagine the 600 would have plenty of space (though they go all the way up to 1200 too).

Any ideas?

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bandit's steel frame will be easier to weld then the Al GSXR frame, so I think it would be a good chassis to convert if you can find a great deal, go for it and be the first to be a Bandit converter! As far as unsprung weight goes if going with a hub motor, just price in some suspension mods (heavier springs and oil) to make the bike handle properly. I think a 2 wheel drive emc would be very interesting!!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234