Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Zero's 2010-2012 models trade-in deal

Post Thanks / Like

Zero's 2010-2012 models trade-in deal

The other day I received a letter from Zero offering to buy back my 2012 Zero S (which I no longer own) if I would purchase a "new" 2014 Zero S (which I currently own) from one of their dealers. See the attached letter and trade-in form. This is apparently an offer that applies to all Zero owners.

While this offer is unlikely to be very useful to the people that frequent this site, it might be worth speculating regarding what is going on. Will the older bikes that are being traded-in be crushed (like GM did with their first EV) or will they be disassembled and used for replacement parts to keep the older bikes still in operation running? My money is on the crusher, as the older models seem to have been a bit of a headache for Zero, according to internet reports.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

2. Likes h0tr0d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a pretty good deal considering that 2011 model S can't even sell for $3000 locally. The seller is having the local Harley dealer auction it off on ebay right now.