Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  18
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BMS based on ltc 6804 and arduino

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your advice; right now, I'm not going to make a daisy chain and only using one LTC6804-1. So, I don't need isolating; am I correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes/no. this means that you battery negative will be the only negative, so no isolation of you hv battery.

It will work but depending on what you want to do this might cause issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread. Skimmed it - good luck in your ventures.
    I signed up just to see your pics ;-)

I started a similar effort based around the LTC6811 (drop in for 6804, found this thread searching for an Eagle Footprint). I need to brush up on my 0-60 skills (nothing to something) so I am going to forge ahead with a fresh design that has some risk boiled into it.

One of the targets is to manage 28S Zero cell boxes that lost their BMS (or came without one)
    First iteration will be for a 6S electric Kayak.

-methods

P.S. If anyone wants to talk Sevcon, DLD, DCF, Zero... stuff like that... lets engage in another thread. Been doing a lot of that over at Calfee Design.

4. Likes Hopster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to know a secret.

This was my first smd board I ever designed. And only my third pcb design, other two were single sided etched ones. That is why it took me 3 tries.
    Is the SPI control roughly the same? I could possibly look at just dropping in the newer and cheaper chip.

Actually havent touched my boards in a while due to the fact I got so many projects going on. Tesla bms decoding, BMS master and inverters.

6. Likes Spoonman liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456