Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curtis 1238 programming

Status-free and luvin' it
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Noah, I'll get one on order. Since I'm out of town next week for work anyway the delay doesn't even bug me Actually 4 years into this project nothing is getting to me at this point LOL.
    Mike Pipes
    - Currently under analysis paralysis.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by podolefsky View Post
    That sounds like the contactor. They always buzz like that. It's the PWM.

As to the cycling, a 12V contactor is going to be problematic with anything above 48V. The duty cycle is too short for stable holding. Get a 48V coil contactor and set the duty cycle to 45% (max for a 48V LEV200 is 52.8V, and if your pack is freshly charged it's going to be up around 110-115V, thus 45% ~ 50V).
    This.

12v is too low. Hpevs used to use 24v coils and moved to 48v for this issue.
    Travis

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Got another contactor on order. Dang, that is the last piece keeping me from spinning the wheel.
    Mike Pipes

4. Likes frodus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back in town for just a day this weekend, long enough for me to get the new contactor installed.

I also wired in a push button and relay that activates the brake wiper when the ET- is pulled back in the reverse direction. Pushing the button (momentary) while pulling the throttle back turns off the relay thus feeding 0-5v to the throttle wiper while also sending 12v to the Reverse input on the controller.

Now my only issue is the External Output is slightly over at 220mA but I might be able to resolve this by powering the push button LED from 12v auxiliary instead of Curtis 12v logic.

This sound is music to my ears after 4 years! That carbon swing arm really amplifies the sound.

https://youtu.be/q8mdmuyMJS0
    Mike Pipes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12