Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 10 Electric 2-Wheelers You Can Buy

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow ElMotoMike On Twitter Add ElMotoMike on Facebook Add ElMotoMike on MySpace
    Add ElMotoMike on Linkedin Visit ElMotoMike's Youtube Channel

10 Electric 2-Wheelers You Can Buy

By Katie Fehrenbacher on Oct. 4, 2010
    Published on earth2tech

While it will take many years for electric cars to reach the mainstream market, electric scooters, bicycles and motorcycles are already starting to be sold at a breakneck pace, thanks to a booming market in China. According to Pike Research, electric bike and scooter batteries will grow from being a $6.4 billion market in 2010 to a $10.9 billion market in 2015 (11 percent growth).

Last week’s Paris Motor Show saw the debut of electric scooters — from BMW’s Mini, and Daimler’s Smart — and we’ve already test driven three of these rockin’ electric two-wheelers, from Brammo, Zero Motorcycles and the Ultra Motors (see videos below). Jay Leno has a whole grip of these in his green garage. Here are 10 electric scooters, bikes and motorcycles available to buy now, or coming to a storefront near you soon:

Read more HERE
    - Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    No mention of the Native/EMS GPR-S, again. These guys really have to do something to promote their product, or they are going to be left in the dust - if it already hasn't happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    And more importantly, half of the "10 Electric 2-Wheelers You Can Buy" are 2-wheelers you can't buy because they aren't available yet, and some I doubt will ever become available. Considering you can buy a GPR-S, or a Roehr. It seems odd that they would be left out.

teddillard
    Yeah well here are three electric two-wheelers you can have today.
    http://masselectrics.blogspot.com/20...clearance.html

In Terry's words, "begging for an upgrade..." These are not ElMoto prices, so DM me for deets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the article is deficient -- the NATIVE/EMS bikes are probably the best of the lot, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NonPolluter View Post
    I agree that the article is deficient -- the NATIVE/EMS bikes are probably the best of the lot, too.
    Having had problems with the Native Z6 (now rebranded for 2011 as the Z6000), I retract my positive opinion aout the EMS bikes.
    Last edited by NonPolluter; 07 February 2011 at 2204.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billmi View Post
    And more importantly, half of the "10 Electric 2-Wheelers You Can Buy" are 2-wheelers you can't buy because they aren't available yet, and some I doubt will ever become available. Considering you can buy a GPR-S, or a Roehr. It seems odd that they would be left out.
    The situation you are writing about is adequately covered in these 2 related "comedy" video clips. Enjoy them:

Hitlers EV Dilemma

The Twelve PR Problems of EVs

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny stuff. I like it. I needed a laugh this morning - especially as I found out that my tax preparer used the wrong IRS form to take credit for my EV purchase, mailed the return off and now won't return my calls asking her how she is going to correct the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Athlon on Linkedin
    BTW I also don't see the E-max scooter , they are just a little below the vectrix class (E-max is smaller and lighter) but are heavvly used both on professional side ( mail delivering , fleet ) and recreational market.

I tuned al litle my E-max and now I have a more than 100 Miles range (at 80% DOD)