Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello From UK....

Post Thanks / Like
    Foxeye Fazer - good chassis for the job there alright, should make for a good job.

Good TL1000 community around Kent so there is, have spent time with a few of them in the Scottish highland. Top lads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

We are based in the UK and supply HPEVS motors, used in our own race bikes. We also have an AMR motor and controller for sale if you are looking for serious power!

www.arc-ev-engineering.co.uk

ARCEVRacing on twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Arc-EV! I have been looking at the Enertrac Hub Motor, mainly for ease of install and the fact it free's up a lot of extra space up front for more battery capacity - having said that, I'm still open to ideas using products that you may have as I haven't ordered the enertrac yet. I looked at your site, but didn't see any products for sale?
    Cheers,
    Mike/.

Post Thanks / Like
    We supply the HPEVS range of AC motor kits. Take a look at the HPEVS site and see if anything suits your needs. We have used them in all out race bike up to now and they are very good units.

ARCEVRacing on twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Some Progress! Here's a picture of how the bike is looking after about 12 man hours of stripping. Ready for some cleanup.... Rear shock lower link had 1 bearing shot, but so far that's all....
    3Faze2.jpg3Faze1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm also in the UK, been researching my options for a few years and have finally just picked up a CB250N Superdream with a sad engine which I am planning to convert. (Probably not a great bike being a bit heavy, but it was fairly inexpensive for something that's technically roadworthy)

I'm also on the hunt for a motor and have been finding it quite hard work. So far I've found:

You can get SAIETTA 95R motors in the UK (Previously AGNI) and i think any issues with them should be dealt with locally, however when i contacted Saietta they said the motors ship direct from the factory in india. After factoring in shipping and VAT they were too expensive for me (Somewhere between 1100 and 1500 after taxes and shipping for the motor)

I found a guy selling a used AGNI 95R motor but I don't know enough to want to risk buying used.

Finally; I've seen a kit with a ME1003 and Altrax controller from evdrives in the US. Even after customs and VAT it looks like the best deal available. (15hp cont, 30hp peak, ~1050 inc shipping and customs I think)

mcress - I'm very interested to know how getting the hub motor goes if you do choose it.

Arc-Ev - how much does an AC-15 motor and controller combination weigh? And how much will it cost me? (I'm guessing >2000?)

Post Thanks / Like
    pm'd you

ARCEVRacing on twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the UK, so thought I'd say hi and join the party too!

I've been collecting laptop batteries for a while now and today I got my bike to tear apart. I'm trying to be as small and light as possible. The bike is a 2010 Keeway Xray 50. x-ray e.jpgVery light, but not the smallest bike in the world. All I'm hoping to achieve is a light 40mph town bike to get me to and from work (only a 10 minute drive in a car). Obviously, if it could excite me in the process, it would make it more worthwhile!

Motors are the BIG problem in the UK! I've looked at everything from fork lift hydraulic motors, to state of the art stuff at crazy prices and Yes! Looked at the Chinese stuff too! So far, I'm leaning towards the Revolt outrunners for this project, but am very open to suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update - Enertrac motor ordered today. Refurb work complete on Frame, swing arm and forks etc. My front fork lowers were minging - I had them Vapor Blasted last week and the result is amazing - will post a couple of pics if anyone is interested.
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great project. We are always interested in pics. Every pic saves a thousand words to read

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast