Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello From UK....

Post Thanks / Like
    Project moving along reasonably well - I think I have everything I need on order now. Bike is starting to go back together. Motor and controller should be with me in about 3 weeks. I'm only about 4 weeks into having the donor bike and set myself a realistic minimum of 12 months so all being well I should be on track. Oh yes, I'm already over budget
    Cheers,
    Mike.Faze.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    looking good from a fellow brit doing a fazer conversion, although mine is a 2008 FZ6 mine is nearly finished over budget but with in time (6 months)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris - thanks - was following your build on here - would be really interested to see some pics now that you are nearly finished.
    I'm also going to use Leaf Modules so if you have any advice on building a suitable box to house them and what charger you ended up going with that would be much appreciated....
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you're progressing at a good rate

My bike is at a similar stage, ICE stripped out and a mostly cleaned up frame.

Currently designing my motor mount (for a motenergy ME1012 in a 1979 Honda superdream)

I had been planning on going for hobbbyking lipo but it seems that leaf cells are popular, I may have to give them some more thought.
    Last edited by al-91; 14 July 2016 at 1740.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Hobbyking Lipo's in my 2kw ebike, (as well as my model aircraft, helicopters and quadcopter) cheap enough but quality can be a bit eratic, they also really don't like being abused! Having said that, I do abuse them and usually get 2 years out of them. But for the money, leaf cells do seem to be the way to go so will be giving them a try.
    The Superdream is a great looking bike, especially to those who were around and biking in it's era!
    Keep us updated on the build progress.... and good luck!
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Motor shipping today - Enertrac just sent me this picture of the finished item
    Cheers,
    Mike.Moto.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Motor arrived last night, quick trial fit this morning looks good......
    IMG_20160820_115052.jpg

8. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mcress!

Really cool project you got there and as I see you're moving really fast with it
    I'd have some questions tho...how come you choose the Enertrac motor and not the Motenergy M1003 kit? As I see it, the price is the same, isn't it?
    How will you make the bike street legal? I'm planning on making an electric bike as well (I live in Germany) but as I see the regulations it'd cost at least 2-3000 pounds for JUST the EMC tests and stuff...how is it in the UK? I really don't want to pay that much money for a 20min test if I just can haha...

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Krrisztian, thanks, yep it's coming on OK I think!
    From what I have been reading from other peoples conversions here in the UK it's not necessary to undergo a test other than our standard Mot Test. We just need tin inform the DVLA that there is a change to the fuel type and send in proof (invoice for the motor, pictures etc) and they then send us back an updated registration document, although they can apparently request an inspection on occasion. So hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult. Sounds like it may be More complicated in Germany? I know that they also have to undergo some testing in Australia from talking to others.
    I chose the Enertrac as I wanted a fairly straightforward conversion without much fabrication if possible as I get really short for spare time, and also it gives much more room up front for batteries and as this is going to be a pretty heavy bike I think I will need it.
    Been working on the controller placement this morning and will be posting a few pics ups shortly!
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tank bottom taken out this morning to accommodate Kelly Controller which seems to fit quite nicely.......
    IMG_20160821_104601.jpgIMG_20160821_104956.jpgIMG_20160821_104758.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast