Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  10
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hello From UK....

Post Thanks / Like
    So, the good news, bike passed it's MOT test, is now taxed and street legal,..... And it goes really well!

Then the bad news. First ride out, 40 miles in I had a bearing failure in the hub motor. Stripped it down today, now awaiting new bearings.

Never mind, I like spannering anyway......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcress View Post
    Then the bad news. First ride out, 40 miles in I had a bearing failure in the hub motor. Stripped it down today, now awaiting new bearings.
    Is this a new motor or one previously abused on jumps, pot-holes and speed-bumps?
    "obstacles suck but challenges are fun"

Post Thanks / Like
    Bearings replaced, back on the road. Attached a couple of pics of the inside of the hub motor if anyones interested.
    Cheers,
    Mike.hubinside1.jpghubinside2.jpg

4. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now with added on board charger.....
    onboardcharger.jpg

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your MOT!
    Any idea how the bearings got damaged & what the sizes are?
    Video please
    My Suzuki RF400 build over at ES: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=12&t=35865
    (Enertrac MHM602, Kelly KHB14301, 6kWh AESC modules (Renault, Nissan))
    Based in Dublin, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! It's a good feeling knowing it's now legal - the rest is just tinkering and making it better!
    The bearings - looks like it was just a duff one - I took the bearing completely apart after removal, to see what state it was in - firstly there was no grease in it at all, the inner and outer races showed no signs of any damage and likewise under a magnifying glass it was hard to see any damage to the balls, but, rolling them on a flat sheet of glass did reveal that they had flats on them, which is where I was getting the notchiness. The other side bearing was actually filled with grease and was not notchy at all but had some lateral play so was replaced also. The bearings are 61912 ZZ measuring 85mm Outer 60mm Inner and 13mm width.
    I only got it finished last night so have only run it on the paddock stand, should get time this weekend to run a couple of full charges through it and get some real world stats.
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    So - major problem this weekend.

My Kelly KLS 80801 controller released the magic smoke. Just pulled away from a junction, and at about 20mph there was a series of loud pops followed by much smoke. I hit the emergency cutoff, but the controller is toast.

I have an email in to Fany at Kelly to see what we do now - only had 4 rides out since I finished the bike. Confidence not high in the Kelly controllers right now.

I'm hoping nothing has been damaged in my Enertrac hub motor, need to find out how to test the windings / halls if anyone has any info?

Cheers,

Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's bad luck. This thread, was what mad me join the forum!

Good Luck getting it sorted

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789