Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  10
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Hello From UK....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Carole Nash were OK as long as it's the only bike on the policy (with the petrol bike added it jumped to ~€1000 extra, very frustrating for both sides when we came to that stage...).
    My Suzuki RF400 build over at ES: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=12&t=35865
    (Enertrac MHM602, Kelly KHB14301, 6kWh AESC modules (Renault, Nissan))
    Based in Dublin, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like
    Bike 4.jpgRear Fairing 4.jpgFront Fairing 1.jpgBikes nearly done - just finishing up some last bit of paint and need to fit the side fairings this weekend. I will then do a full 'Nut & Bolt Check' prior to the MOT in a couple of weeks time.

3. Likes Duck-Stew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice bike. I like how finished it looks. Good luck w/the MOT!
    '10 Zero S project

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good
    let us know how the MOT goes

Post Thanks / Like
    Power Meter boxed up and mounted inside fairing / screen. Added 3 LED's linked to relays inside the meter to indicate warnings for Batt SOC and AH used.Dash.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice build, I too would be interested in how the Hub motor performs. I chose mid drive for my Thundercat conversion, my build is over on endlessphere. What are the details on that power meter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - the power meter I got in from China - aliexpress - if you google ecpc404 there's quite a bit of info on them. They are pretty cheap, like $45 or so, but the build quality seems good, and they have a couple of built in relays which you can set switching parameters (I'm using them just to switch on some warning LED's at mid / low pack voltage).

Post Thanks / Like
    First test ride around the close today! Feels super smooth and able to pull 300 amps from my leaf cells, so far a happy chap. Hope the MOT tester is as happy next Saturday. Wish me luck.....
    Cheers,
    Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck Mike, sent my paper work off on monday for the DVLA. quick question on your bike your speedo is it cable driven from a wheel hub?

nothing beats the power delivery of electric i must admit the control on the electric is so much fun from the riding around an industrial estate ive done on mine.
    Last edited by Chri5; 04 April 2017 at 0612.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers! I hope your paperwork goes through as easy as mine did, dvla certainly didn't even try and be difficult.
    My speedo is electronic from a sensor on the front wheel. Initially it wouldn't work after I binned the ECU, but after studying the wiring diagrams for a bit I figured all it needed was an negative feed as there was a positive and signal going directly to the clocks, hooked up a negative from a spare in the loom and it was all good.
    So looking forward to Saturdays mot, if it goes through I'll try and get it taxed same day and put some miles on and do some controller tweaks ��
    Good luck and let me know when you hear back from dvla...
    Cheers,
    Mike

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast