Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Motorcycle-Style ebike aka e-Grom or eGrom sidewalk-friendly, city-trail-friendly too

Post Thanks / Like

Motorcycle-Style ebike aka e-Grom or eGrom sidewalk-friendly, city-trail-friendly too

Day-trip adventures on an 'eGrom' which have been selling under a variety of brand-names e.g. Gromlin for $1100-$2000. This one has an LIFEPO4 battery which has 1/2 the power density and lower voltage than LiPO or NMC lithium batteries. I just noticed that some posters on this forum opine that NMC lithiums are "safer" than LIFEPO4. However, Battery University has a "spider chart" on all lithium battery chemistries, and Battery University says LIFEPO4 lasts longer, and is safer and is more durable/reliable. So, who is right? Please chime in. (My experience is that the BMS is the big problem with lithium batteries, and wondering if a truly Tesla-proven BMS is available for NMC. The LIFEPO4's on this eGrom is aggregated into "12V" batteries, 24 cells, 72V nominal, which is 78v-82v actual, in LIFEPO4's.)

In one day, I visited a library, art gallery, a school, a shopping mall, in-town trail, in-town park, while parking on sidewalks for free, charging for free wherever there was an outlet.

Got friendly smiles everywhere. No one was offended by the 'motorcycle' because it was quiet and had no fumes. So, I also saved myself, and everybody around me, from getting COPD (a lung disease), which some 60-something-year-old Harley motorcyclists are now diagnosed with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow, I was keen on the Grom already (so cute!), these look fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you please post a photo of the instrument cluster?