Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need input - Father /son project - Honda PCX 150

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the offer Nando, I will hold you to it

The present swing arm is what is called a GY6 engine, like the pic below

150cc-4-stroke-short-case-gy6-engine-220-46-67.jpg

The engine with the CVT tranny are the swing arm. The Yamaha Vino 125 uses a single shock absorber on the left side because the engine/tranny assembly is unsprung weight. I don't think I can do anything with that GY6 engine other than try to get a couple hundred bucks for it on ebay. Maybe more if we part it out. We are going to take whatever this GY6 engine weighs and put it in the chassis in the form of a battery, so I think we will need a second shock on the right to support this extra weight. So we need to make a custom swing arm.

Thanks
    Ray and Gabriel
    Last edited by mistercrash; 21 June 2016 at 0809.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been talking by email with Vito Ho at Taizhou Quanshun Motor Co. They make the QS Motors. Vito suggested a 13''X3.5'' 8KW 273 50H V3 motor with a Kelly KLS96601-8080I controller. So this was purchased this morning with an extra Yamaha Vino 125 rear shock on ebay.

Vito is the guy I talked to before when I upgraded my Motorino scooter, he is always very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks
    Ray and Gabriel
    Last edited by mistercrash; 22 June 2016 at 1816.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mistercrash, happy to help; just let me know what you need. Glad you have parts ordered and on the way already, makes me want to start ordering parts for my chassis soon.
    Current R1200RT, previously FZ1, HawkGT, Nighthawk 650, XS650. Loved every single one of them, now it's time for an electric bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nando, after some more discussion with Vito at QS Motors, the order was changed for the controller. I bought an APT Sine Wave FOC AE96600 Controller. In the meantime, the scooter is in pieces.

evino_chassis1.jpg

And this is the thing that sets money on fire.

DSCN1653.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My son was not interested in spending a whole day helping me figure out how to make the swingarm lol. So I had to try to come up with something by myself. I'm not an engineer but I think I'm getting close to what we need.

swingarm3.jpg

Thanks
    Ray (without Gabriel)
    Last edited by mistercrash; 08 July 2016 at 1402.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mistercrash, I'll help you 3D this next week. My main computer is down and I got to wait for the new one.
    Current R1200RT, previously FZ1, HawkGT, Nighthawk 650, XS650. Loved every single one of them, now it's time for an electric bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nando,

But there is no rush at all, I was hoping to get some money back selling all the bits and pieces of the scooter we won't need. But it looks like Canada Post is getting ready to ''Lockout'' their 50 000 employees on Monday so we have to wait until this is resolved before we post all the stuff on Ebay. It might take a while. But a 3D drawing will definitely help with getting these guys to fabricate a swingarm for us. I will start by asking them since they are close to where we live. I'm thinking it might be pricey but they are experts and they are qualified to do the final safety inspection to get the scooter registered and licensed for road use.
    I just hope I don't get the Harley attitude going in there with our little electric scooter project.

Thanks again Nando
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    With more than a thousand dollars of our budget that disappeared for other house related things and the parts not selling on ebay, this project is not going anywhere anytime soon. We are disappointed but that's the way it is. This gives us more time to do more planning on how we're going to install the components in the scooter. Space is very limited so we have to think about this. here's a new idea to have the large controller hidden inside the frame and body. And a new drawing for the rear swingarm.

evino_layout1.jpgevino_swingarm1.jpg

Thanks
    Ray and Gabriel
    Last edited by mistercrash; 03 August 2016 at 1034.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought of making a prototype of the swingarm so we were busy today making it out of scrap pieces of wood. I don't have CAD software or the knowledge to use it so trying to figure everything out in 2D is difficult sometimes. This prototype helped us make sure that it was planned correctly.

swingarm_prototype1.jpgswingarm_prototype3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if you have seen my conversion, also use a QS-motor: http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...ion-94311.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast