Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need input - Father /son project - Honda PCX 150

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not see your conversion before but I did now. Super nice and big scooter. The one we decided to convert presents some challenges to find room for a big battery and controller. Those pics I posted above show a prototype that ended up not working, couldn't get the seat to close once the battery and controller are in there so we had to go back to the drawing board, reconfigure the battery, rethink where we could place the controller and redo the swingarm differently. We think we came up with something that will work. We're going to find out in a couple days when we put back the whole rear section back on the scooter to see if it all fits.

We are also shopping for a good mig welder.

Thanks for the link of your build, it's always helpful to see what others did.

2. Likes krrisztian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are seriously considering making the battery box out of 16 or 18 gauge sheet metal and stripping the Leaf modules of their aluminum covers and most of their black padding. This would make the battery much smaller and it can fit in the chassis much lower and at a different angle. That way the controller fits flat in the chassis and it would be easier to fab a simple platform out of a flat sheet of aluminum to put it on.

At full compression of the suspension nothing should rub anywhere in the rear even though we are installing a 13 inch wheel to replace the original 10 inch wheel. From experience, I know the front fender will have to be trimmed a little.

evino_layout1.jpgevino_layout2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    So the father/son project is at a stand still. It will have to be finish at some point because there are too many parts of the original scooter that have been sold to consider rebuilding it as original. Sadly the money went to pay for other house related stuff. But we come back to the planning from time to time and discuss about ways to improve our design. We made a final drawing of the rear swing arm and we think we finally have a winner. We must have redone this swing arm a dozen times. This new design should be stiffer, stronger but still simple to fabricate. The shocks are also brought back to their original angle instead of having them almost vertical like in the previous drawings.

evino_layout3.jpgevino_swingarm2_sideview.jpgevino_swingarm2_topview.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234