Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help need with a misbehaving Alltrax Axe 7245

Post Thanks / Like
    So I couldn't get the drive to fail again, but finally replaced the contactor today anyway. Initially it went fine (though I haven't ridden it), but now the bike won't run again. the contactor is definitely closing and I'm measuring pack voltage on the input to the controller, but no drive.

I'm back to suspecting the controller.

Also - I bought the serial connector to connect to the controller, but it wasn't working very well. I don't know if the fault was with the controller of my USB -> serial adapter, but It would only seem to connect properly every now and then.

Any thoughts? I appreciate the advice!

Steve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using a heavy duty kill-switch?

I got one of those cheap $30 ones from china that require you to pull in order to disconnect. I've noticed that sometimes the button goes down, but doesn't properly seat the copper bus-bar that's in the switch. I had a major issue with not starting my bike, only to find out the killswitch was the main culprit. I suggest wiggling it around and trying to force it down, then see if the bike starts up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for my question, is 90V the maximum voltage of battery pack or it is nominal voltage?
    Do you know that 90V is the maximum working voltage of AXE 72xx Alltrax controllers?
    I fear that the controller suffered an overvoltage.

Best wishes
    Nuccio

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    90V is the max working voltage on the AXE controllers. Do not exceed that voltage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge one of my motorcycles to 90.3V ( 11 leaf modules) - level charger stops. It works well. Can it be any problem?

I measure 90.3 on pack, but Alltrax software says it 89.9V.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Could it work? maybe.

The AXE lists a max of 90V. How much overhead there is, I'm not sure.

Can you adjust the charger down a half a volt?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have accidentally overcharged my batteries slightly when I forgot that I adjusted my DIY charger trimpot up to speed up my last few Ah of charging. It got up over 92v. The AXE would not power on at that point, it was blinking a code I presume to be over-voltage shutdown. I bled off the extra charge (Quickly!) with a resistive load until I got it to 91 point something and took off for a short ride. It's been working fine since then. Just yesterday I took off from a ride with a fresh charge at 91.1v (as displayed on my CA2) and had no problems. So it seems that the AXE has a little bit of wiggle room, and that it goes into a safe self-protect mode if you go over (at least the little bit that I did).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12