Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Worst idea ever

Post Thanks / Like

Worst idea ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPyIwY2hJ_A

I hate this. Who wants a fully enclosed motorbike? The whole point of riding a bike is to feel the wind and the heightened sense of excitement/danger. You want to be fully enclosed, get your momma to drive you to work. Get her to make you an airbag out of her old underwear. Motorbikes are not for you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you live? Ever try to ride a motorcycle in the rain day after day? Or how about extreme cold and snow? Commuting with a two wheeled vehicle should not be just for people in warmer climates so I have to say that for millions of commuters, this is a good idea. But they have been saying that it would be in production for many years now, and the selling price more than doubled since the first time they mentioned anything about it. I see it at vaporware myself.

3. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, it's not a bad idea. But producing an affordable and reliable product is a huge leap for a small company with a cool prototype. Like so many, this one seems to have promised a timeline that was way too optimistic. Their website today says "We'll release more detailed timelines as we near production." Not very encouraging...does anyone know how they're really doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbag View Post
    Agreed, it's not a bad idea. But producing an affordable and reliable product is a huge leap for a small company with a cool prototype. Like so many, this one seems to have promised a timeline that was way too optimistic. Their website today says "We'll release more detailed timelines as we near production." Not very encouraging...does anyone know how they're really doing?
    All I know is that every time City Bike magazine visits their shop in San Francisco to check progress on their development of the C1 they slam the door in their face. Meanwhile a company in China has just announced a virtual clone of the C1 at a Chinese car show a couple of months ago. Which just goes to show you that if you take too long to develop a product the Chinese will beat you to the marketplace with a clone - even if it may not actually work.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2014 14.2 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    " Which just goes to show you that if you take too long to develop a product the Chinese will beat you to the marketplace with a clone - even if it may not actually work. "

What is anyone gonna do about it? Start a holy nuclear war?
    Thought for the day: Can a Nuclear superpower go bankrupt?
    Original build: http://vorworxemc.wix.com/vorworx
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    " Which just goes to show you that if you take too long to develop a product the Chinese will beat you to the marketplace with a clone - even if it may not actually work. "

What is anyone gonna do about it? Start a holy nuclear war?
    Thought for the day: Can a Nuclear superpower go bankrupt?
    I don't know. You will have to ask North Korea about that.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2014 14.2 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.