Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  38
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VOR.WORX.EMC.v3.0

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

e-VOR update

Here is a video of my first spin-up test. It sounds amazing and is music to my ears!
    Hopefully Travis and I can get this thing operational this weekend! I can't wait to ride this badboy!

Here is a close-up of my chain tensioner idea. I may have to put another polyurethane wheel underneath the chain to prevent it from rubbing thru the swingarm slider, which can't be seen in this pic. I'll keep an eye on the slider to watch how quickly it gets worn down. The chain is removed for initial testing.
    chaintensioner.jpg

Here are a few pics showing my charging procedure... the shunt temp was the highest and stayed at 25*C and the other batt pack temp sensors stayed at 24*C during the charge.
    eVORcharging.jpg
    meanwells.jpg
    Last edited by Stevo; 29 August 2018 at 2010.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

2. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Nice work!

Looking to update Saturday for you.

4. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you, like me, that are new to Sevcon, and are considering doing a build with one, I learned something important on this build that may help someone ... The power up sequence has to be in this order: power to KSI, then power up the main contactor, THEN the Forward-Reverse circuit can be closed. I didn't know this little tidbit of info and wired in a On-On toggle switch. This won't work because the circuit is closed when the power sequence takes place. I had to "lift the hood" to make a temporary change to my harness so that Travis and I can get this controller configured. I will be replacing the toggle with a On-Off-On toggle to fix this issue. For my build, that will be the easiest way to fix me harness that is already installed. Pic with the hood up:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    To clarify, the files I load, you do not manually close the contactor. It should shut once you put pack voltage to the KSI pin on the controller as long as there's no faults. The contactor is controlled by the controller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct! I probably didn't word it right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Painting my new logo. I hope I'm not copying anybody's copyright. I honestly designed it myself, albeit a little bit influenced by Yamaha's tuning forks logo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this too artsy-fartsy? LOL!!

Last edited by Stevo; 01 September 2018 at 2003.

10. Likes flo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Travis is a Sevcon guru !! I highly recommend his srvices!!

I just rode my first ride on this new build and want to share an initial test ride report...

I rode it for a 17 mile ride. I started with about 96volts and ended with about an 87.5v pack.
    All the cells stayed well balanced.
    I recorded a max speed of 72 mph, on a slight uphill grade, on the hwy from my home.
    The acceleration to top speed could be better. I may drop the drive sprocket down one tooth from a 15/62 to 14/62.
    However, I did take it on some dirt roads to see how it felt sliding the back tire around. I managed to drop it on the left side learning how to slide it. It was easy to pick back up by myself even considering how heavy this thing is. My welds held up to the mishap wonderfully! After a few more slides... and MAN! This bike is FUN!
    The throttle has a real nice feel down low and I got the feel for the slide real quickly! Nice control over the rear wheel. We will see if dropping the drive sprocket one tooth makes breaking the rear wheel loose to easily or not. I like the way it feels for now.... nice and controlled!
    The coolant temps maxed out at 31*C.
    The shunt temp got to 55*C, the Mid-pack sensor got to 42*C, and the Rt pack to mid-pack battery connecting lead got to
    37*C.

More to come later!
    Thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by Stevo; 02 September 2018 at 0922.

12. Likes frodus, Nicman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great,
    gratulations to your success.

Now vid please

greets

flo

14. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Glad we got it working so easily. It really is a nice motor/controller combo once it's set correctly.

VIDEO PLEASE!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast