Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 98 Ninja (Domino)

Post Thanks / Like

98 Ninja (Domino)

Howdy everyone!

I'm back at it again with my previous Ninja project, school, work, military etc. just got the best of my time.

I hope I can keep you all entertained with what I have in store for you all, I know this set up has been done or is very similar to ones before (JonnyPanic, Phil, incredible builds they inspired me to get back to working on mine)

I've got a lot of cosmetics done on the bike but it's not perfect and at this rate I'm more focused on getting this snail of a project going so im gearing more towards the mechanical aspects of my build.

What I've currently got:
    AC-15 motor w/ 1238-7501 controller, spyglass and all (working on trading this set up for another)
    DeltaQ 922-7254 QuiQ-DCI Charger 72V with DC-DC
    12x Nissan Leaf modules

and

A fresh-ish '98 Ninja

I've got renders drawn up in solid-works for my current setup up but as I took further notes I saw some issues with the brake positioning on the bike and the motor's size so if there's any input anyone might have on that, that would be awesome! (That's honestly the biggest issue on the build)

I'll be posting pictures shortly!

I've been lurking for a while now and decided to finally make some progress on this project, I absolutely love this community and how closely knit everyone is here! I hope to contribute one day as much as everyone here has!

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be a fun build. Why are you trading the AC-15? Going for a 20 or fit issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it's been a while haha.

Before I begin I just want to thank JohnnyPanic for inspiring my build, I loved his design so much that I wanted to try and do something like him while incorporating my own work into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far as of 6/28/17 I have managed to get my FrankenRide going. I've been slowly increasing the speed and torque of the Alltrax 650A controller I have to get comfortable with the bike overall and I have to say I feel extremely confident on this bike. I'll be posting pictures soon. (for real this time, school and work have definitely been killing me with an Electrical Engineering and Computer Science double major)