Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sachs xtc 125 conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly confused - please help me unterstand

Hi,
    so i am trying to do a minimal config in order to try 2 things:
    1) Program the controller for Me1115 Sinodial motor. Or at least check parameters.
    2) Quick motor-test on 25 Volt supply. to see if all is well.

About 1)
    Bit confused about colours and pins:
    Motor drawing shows 8 pins with 2 White for motor Temp
    Motor comes with 2 connectors while one uses 6 and the other one 2 B/W i take thats temp? - right.
    The 6 pin connector supposedly has : sin, cos, grd, 5V and shield??
    I simply cannot find a shield in the manual of the kelly controller. It says there 5V, grd, sin, cos, and Hall C ? - My Motor is supposed to be line-sin/cos sensors.

Might be just the language barrier but i do not know what to do with that pin (shield/ HallC)

2)Motor test
    Throttle to grd/pwr and 5V and, as i only want to drive forward i bridge 12V (pin11) and Forward (pin 12), controller-power to pin 6 and 7 and, of course 3 Motor leads..
    Connect Battery B+ and minus via a pre-charging resistor (just flying leads) and that should be it ?
    Please correct me if i am wrong somewhere.

thanks in advance

Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    nearly overlooking a kinda latsch on the motor i had to turn the Me115 somewhat.
    This is the outcome and i like it much more, as it is far faster to mill and more pleasing to the eye.

greets

flo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a very well designed setup Flo. Well done. It s coming along nicely.

Cheers

Tyler

Post Thanks / Like

How to... connect bluetooth

Thanks Tyler,

Today i tried several hrs. to connect the bluetooth thingy with the laptop... no go.
    It does find the device but asks for a key. I do not have one and typing the device nbr. isn`t working either.

Anyone out there knows how to connect the blue tooth device to a kelly KLS?
    Of course i tried Kelly but so far in two days i did get no answer.. i`m not the patient kind.
    Monday i will get a RS232 to USB kable as suggested burt still i would like to use the damned thing.

greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Bluetooth devices usually have a basic initial code, e.g. 0000 or 1234.
    My Suzuki RF400 build over at ES: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=12&t=35865
    (Enertrac MHM602, Kelly KHB14301, 6kWh AESC modules (Renault, Nissan))
    Based in Dublin, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like

Controller blow up!!

Darn,
    today i got all connect s to controller working, the software config to run...
    first test did show motor won`t run without auto identification ( just as manual suggests)

Manual on the Kelly leaves to be desired to say the least.... copy and paste through several sīgenerations of controllers is not the way to go..in my eyes.
    anyway on the fourth or fifth try the damn thing went with a big bang! .. on just 28V ... luckylie.
    1) logic only - no go 2) logic and connect logic wires to motor- no go 3) all and motor pwr cables /uvw) no go, 4) all and main bat but reconnect (as per instructions ) only logic pwr - no go
    5) same but reconnect logic and than main bat also - BOOOM

Of cours i changed alway back to "85" first and than "170" (initialising) for each try-
    Anyway no more connection to ra232/usb.. no speak to computer nothing..

Wrote a mail to kelly to find out what they have to say..
    Im depressed to say the least.

This is even more expensive than all i could save up,,,,

flo

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Sorry to hear that. Trust me, I know the feeling.
    20171204_213102.jpg
    Put it aside for today.
    My Suzuki RF400 build over at ES: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...p?f=12&t=35865
    (Enertrac MHM602, Kelly KHB14301, 6kWh AESC modules (Renault, Nissan))
    Based in Dublin, Ireland

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Flo. Hopefully you can prove you followed the instructions correctly and they must replace the controller!

Cheers

Tyler

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    just to proof that CAD files being correct i made a mockup of cheap plywood (my home-improvement store has a cut-off pieces corner which i usually check - so this is like 4 Dollar worth of wood)
    And , tada , it does.
    Pics being a bit on the dark but once i will notch the fairing in its lower front face a tiny bit the two halves will meet easylie - even allowing enough space for cables.
    Motor, so it seems needs to come up a little higher and, of course it needs to get further back into the structure but atm. a tiny bracket on the motor interferes with a tiny bracket on the bike - which will have to go - shame i really wanted to use these..
    Also the cutout for the black cover on the motor is not needet on the left plate. making the motormount much more easy to attache to this.

More good news:

Kelly got back to me and, to my surprise they will exchange the controller - I must say i cannot be more happy with their customer support.

greets

flo
    CIMG0373.JPGCIMG0374.jpgCIMG0375.JPGCIMG0370.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful news Flo and your mock up is very good also. Looks like a great conversion.

Cheers

Tyler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast