Likes Likes:  25
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sachs xtc 125 conversion

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Opted for only one row of screws..
    along this lines:
    CIMG0577.jpg

Have to wait for some suitable mill-bits to arrive to cut those tiny slots in the aluminum-bus-bars .
    greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Trial part
    milling with those tiny 1mm bits proves a challenge especially for once patience.
    Only 19 of those and 4 "start" pieces more...

CIMG0578.jpgCIMG0579.jpg

These will get glued on to the fg-plates and after folding tabs onto get scewd down with the "real" bus bars...
    On opposite sides of the fg plates the nuts will get attached before assembly to ease pack construction...

greets

Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    HI
    after having too much trouble with the tiny 1mm trunches in 3 mm aluminium i changed to 1,5mm thickness material and finally got the "lower bus-bars" made
    Instead of doing multible 2s3p connections (that would have to be lined up seperat) i opted for a whole "lineup"
    These were then cut halfway through at their holding taps and are glued to the fg base part.
    the cuts facing downwards so i can dremel them all the way free without cutting into the fg once cured.
    So basically i produced a sort of pcb board with more substance for current carrying and strength.
    Guess pics show better than my rumblings.
    Will show outcome as soon as glue is dry...

First FG battery box is done too... but that s just a box...

greets

flo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    guess its time for an update.
    Finished the battery connections and boxes. . Took a while, not only for being lots of work but also, as its quite intimitating i opted to do only 2s (3P so 6 cells) at a time ... to stay focused.
    Went without problems.
    Have to exchange the screws for the right ones (already delivered) and do the sense wires while at it.

That done i ran into an unexpected problem..
    The upper pack does actually fit into the tank, but oposed to what i had in mind i can not attach it inside as i wanted to.
    Well solution to that is to glue it to another plate which will be screwd to the existing motormounts along with the "motor craddle". No big deal there but it means i will somehow have to build some kind of formers into the tank to prevent swaying of the pack. (cause it is only attached to its base)
    Guess some fiddly work ahead.

Got new tires on front and back wheels too.

Other than that i have a cycle analyst on order that should arrive sometime next week.

One of the front forks leaking slightly so before final assembly i have to get those "washers" replaced.

Biggest item still missing is a charger ... trying to get my hands on to a pair of eltec FlatpackS units .. so either these or i guess the pfc1500W .
    Still some time for that...

Pics show the 12s box that goes in in front of the motor.. the other one basically looks the same...

greets
    flo
    CIMG0582.jpgCIMG0581.jpg
    Last edited by flo; 13 April 2019 at 1150.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Good!!!! Those are some thick busbars!!!! I might recommend using some dielectric grease to fill any spots under the busbar. it helps in the long run

Post Thanks / Like
    HI
    been thinking about it and even asking around..
    Any product to recommend?
    Yes bus bars definetly on the big side but learning from Ripperton in a YT vid , that cooling of the pack is best done via the busbars, i optet for "enough" thermal capaciy within those bars.
    Greets
    Flo

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    That is interesting... water cooled busbars! I'm planning on wrapping a few temp sensors with silicone tape to my main cables from + and - just to monitor how hot they get. Since Cu is so heavy, air cooling them with aluminum heat sinks would be an interesting experiment.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Frontend almost done.
    Forkseals and new oil , Wheel back n.
    Cycle analyst arrived too so once my new tray for the upper pack is done it will be time for final assembly.
    Oh and still waiting for the d--- fuse to arrive...

greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all
    got the bike up into the garage, Motor craddle in all screws Locktided, controller and lower battery clamped in place (detail pics follow as i still need to do the sens wiring..)
    - rock solid
    and have the new holder in place for the upper pack. Figured out how to prevent the upper pack from possible swaying, will show once done.
    Finally it does start to look like a real bike again
    pics show some details like beefing up the main attaching point/axle, upper and lower battery holders and the clamping of controlller and bat.

enjoy

flo

CIMG0588.jpgCIMG0592.jpgCIMG0593.jpgCIMG0591.jpgCIMG0589.jpgCIMG0585.jpg
    Last edited by flo; 26 April 2019 at 1221. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    More mockups..
    trying out the new cockpit layout atm... needs to be rotated a little more but otherwise i quite like it.
    greets
    flo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast