Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  29
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sachs xtc 125 conversion

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    again no pics.. had to redo some of the wiring but now everything is connectet up
    Hope to have a first spin of motor by tomorrow (from a 10S rc pack - don`t want to risk the drive pack after the first controller blowup)

There are two questions remaining:

first of the instructions and wiring sheme show a 2k 20W resistor across the contactor.
    What Kelly send me is actually a 1K 10 W resistor.
    Will this be a problem ( i don`t have a clue what happens if these values change)????

Second question is more about the long run.
    Acording to Kellys sheme the resistor is permanently attached to the contactor,
    But actually this should be draining the pack - doesn`t it?
    So should i , well basically cut one of the legs of the resistor and close this now open contact by a small relay actuated by the kill switch?

Thanks all for your support

Greets

Flo

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble shooting - advice

Hi
    after returning from a climbing session i imediately went into the garage in order to get the motor to a first spin.
    Unfortunately not so ... tried 6hrs but still not a single rotation...

OK
    Using a kelly IPS controller you have to do the auto identification routine.
    And it actually does it, Change value to 170, save, exit, cut pwr..wait.. turn on... beeeeeep, the motor does multiple jerks
    beeping stops, it dows show (as supposed) reset error, the formerly changed value (170) returns to its normal "85" as supposed.
    Then cut pwr, wait, power on again aaaand ... nothing.
    Plugging in the pc again shows hall error (which it doesn`t have but the ménu makes no difference between hall and sin/cos)

So i take it like this:
    Controller is in a working condition but the sin/ cos values do not match.
    Ekither line zero crossing value or the amplitude? Does this assumption make sense?

Instructions call for meassuring the sensors but i simply do not understand them:

You may use 5V On pin 5 (?? from memory so dont throw stones at me) and meassure between sin /cos and gnd.

Does that mean i unplug simply one (sin or cos) from the plug and still supply the controller via the 5V pin via my 12 V circuit?
    Is that advisable? Otherwise i would need to source a 5V psu from somewhere....

Any other suggestions?

Soo close but still no go

Greets

Flo
    Last edited by flo; 26 May 2019 at 1205.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Its alive - first motor spin

Hi
    all problems solved, got it to spin for the first time today
    Only had to manually meassure the sin and cos and adjust parameters in the software and presto works first try

Of course í made a quick vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vibXHX77SQs

Thanks all here for your tremendous help, being it active as well as to all those who have shared their findings on this forum for us all to learn.

Ballance charging the first pack atm, have to finish off some ods and ends and hopefully by thursday have a first quick testride...

Greets

Flo

Post Thanks / Like

Big EV Grin

Hi,
    got the bike almost done today, missing basically the CA and a new brace on lower fairing as this doesnt close all the way anymore.

Took it for a very brief ride ( just down the road a few times) and it really zips along quite nice at 80% controller and 50% power battery side.
    Kelly controller gives very smooth and predictable accelleration.
    The bike being very light (i estimate 148 kg / sub 330 pound) makes vor an easy ride.
    brakes are powerful and well balanced.
    This of course are just a few first impressions.

Still have to dial in regen and finish it off really i.g. cutting zip ties... minor stuff.
    Now if only my charger would arrive - well still need MOT and licence so a few more days no official riding anyway.

No vid unfortunately but a few pics from the 95 % finished bike.
    Detail pics to follow soon.

greets

Flo

c02.jpgc01.jpgc03.jpgc04.jpgc05.jpgc06.jpgc07.jpg

5. Likes Richard230, supercub50, tylerwatts, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bureaucrats

you either love then or hate them
    Hi everyone,
    had some fun - depending of you defeinition of fun- today with the german authorities.

Here is how it goes if you live in germany:

new car/mb no problem, take your papers and get licence, no mot required as it is brand new

used: no problem just get it insured, go register it (just tell them your code) buy licenceplate and your set.

used without mot:
    get a temporary plate (spend some of course), mot it and go register.
    If you faild your mot - no problem as you have 4 weeks time to solve everything - you still get it registerd just go mot it again.

NOW if you convert to ecectric:
    No mot in my hometown so i have to drive to Regensburg some 150 km.
    And now thats where the fun part starts.
    You cannot use a temporary licence plate as it is illegal to use outside your District- mot guy cannot testdrive my bike there.
    second option: Get and "unstamed plate" but that leaves you 3 Days to get the bike to Mot, pass it and come back to register your vehicle.
    I asked how i should do modifications if required and which i would have 4 weeks time for normally..
    "your problem" yeah right just get a new plate, register again your welcome to just spend twice for the service..

Best part:
    Benedict (cagiva mioto conversion - look it up on ev-album) who lives in the district next to me got a 7 days deadline. All equal to the law?

Lets just hope it will pass first time..

Oh -
    got the Cycle analyst installed and programmed today.

greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like
    The crazy things we have to do for our dreams Flo! Good luck with it, fingers crossed for you to pass!

Cheers

Tyler

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I thought Eurozone was keen on electric transportation! One would think that they would make it easier to convert than more difficult!
    Good luck with the hypocrisy and bureaucracy !
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    ...One would think that they would make it easier to convert than more difficult!...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    well like any industrial country they want you to buy new.

Talk about customising a vehicle.. pia

Greets

flo

Post Thanks / Like

WOOOHOOO

Hi
    passd MOT today without a glitch
    The guy was quite impressed with my conversion and took all but 15 mins to look through , aked 3-4 questions, then we copied some pics on a stick for him and his documentation so he wouldn`t need to take them himself and after another 15 min of paperwork me and my brother took off- sheepishly smiling like two young boys. All papers signd and stampd.

Tomorrow being a pulblic holiday i will register it by friday morning and i will be done.
    Wheather is supposed to be quite bad tomorrow anyway...

greets

flo

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast