Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  24
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sachs xtc 125 conversion

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    CONGRATULATIONS! Good news and good work!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Officially joined the r-E-volution

all sorted, insured and licenced..
    CIMG0662.jpg

Took her for a ride to show my parents and generally staying close to home just to be save.

Not to fast from a complete standstill but above say 20 kph it starts pulling quite nicely i would guess comparable to a modern 300cc, definetly quicker than my old SR500.

Could not get her to take more than 17 kw- but then my controller is still on 55% to run in the battery packs.
    Accellerates effortlessly to 115 kp/h (aprox 72mi) and there is more still. Just found out that the front wheel bearing makes some noise so will swap that out before going bonkers with the xtc.
    Very easy to corner for the CoG being low ( just right for my liking) and the bike being smallish anyway.
    Weard to hear all sorts of noise while riding (fairing craking...), actually i constantly wondered if something come loose. Guess it takes some time to get used to the normal- as in no worries - sounds that may usually be just unhearable when the ic engine is running.
    Back wheel dampener is to "hard" for my liking so that has to be tuned in as well.

On a looong flat stretch it took 4,8 kw at 80kph and 7,9 at 100 (60mi). Without tucking under..Rode it 45km and used up 28 KWh acording to the CA. Had regen upped for this ride and that got me 3kw back when decellerating from 100 so i just tuned it down again some 2%...guess it will take some time to find the sweet spot for my liking.

Have the feeling that this bike will see quite some riding unless - like now - it`s gonna pour down for the rest of the summer.

greets

Flo

3. Likes Richard230, supercub50 liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    That s a fun observation too about the noises! I never knew how loud the chain was with a gas engine!LOL
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.3
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on getting all legal. I had an XTC as my first bike and have always thought it'd be a great candidate for a something like a 450 dirt bike lump, but an EV conversion sound even better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well down Flo! Brilliant build.

I think your calculations are wrong though, even cars don't use 28kWh to travel 48km... You must be measuring or calculating incorrectly. What is your battery capacity as it won't even be 28kWh.

Cheers

Tyler

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    sorry typo

Of course i meant to write 29 Amphrs. from the battery..
    Must have been still hyped by the first rides..

Greets

Flo

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112