Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sachs xtc 125 conversion

Post Thanks / Like
    That mockup looks REALLY good. You've convinced me to do a mockup on my project.
    '10 Zero S project

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    thanks for your kind words-
    Yes mock ups really help for a reality check... These wooden cut offs do not cost a lot anyway and as i have a cnc it is easy to incoperate precise or small changes.
    As i usually do my designwork on cad anyway milling the wood seems logical.
    But even using cardbord or foam blocks hep a lot. Each to his own, do what works best for you.

Had a first go at a motor mount.
    It does seem to be a bit over engenered but there is some reasoning behind it.
    It would be nice to just face mount the Motor on those center plates but unfortunately the way i envision it done the swing will be in the way.
    Thus the standoffs. A bonus might be improved cooling at the motor`s front. ( i intend to close the plates off so it resembles a box).
    Some of the bolts might not be neccesary but again they double up to connect left and right plate.
    Material thickness will change on different parts so just ignore part thickness. This stage in design still just serves visualising ideas..

flo
    x16.jpgx15.jpgx17.jpgx18.jpgx19.jpgx21.jpgx22.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Flo
    Would it not be as effective to widen the main plates to take up that space or even bolt the motor directly to the left plate? Perhaps I am not understanding where your clearance issue is without the swingarm in the images.

Cheers

Tyler

Post Thanks / Like
    HI
    depends..
    first off the swings- axle would be in place of that "thick" tube in the center pic just above the yellow brackets. It occupies aprox 5cm to each sides left and right and thus pushes the plates just a teeny little bit too far towards the center, aditionally to move the plates further apart would mean that on both upper atachement points the whole thing would simply "hang"from the bolts -not really stiffen the setup. Sort of like on the outer extremities of an coathanger.
    Have a look at the pics attached. ( just changed colours to make more visible) (Looking from upper front backwards and down.)
    x24.jpgx23.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    one more:
    showing what i have in mind.....x25.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I see now how it supports the frame. I do think that your solution so far is very good. Is the motor mounted as close to the swingarm as possible? Am I mistaken or does the CAD show the swingarm tube going through the plates? I assume that is just a mistake, is it? The CAD is very good though.

What about removing the centre section of the swingarm tube and bracing the outer sections for the bearings so that the motor can move further back? Can you post a picture of the swingarm?

Well don't worry if it isn't a problem, I think you have an excellent solution so far. You just may get more battery space and/or less chain sag and noise. Could even use a belt drive.

Cheers

Tyler
    Last edited by tylerwatts; 6 Days Ago at 1638.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    motor is mounted as fare back as possible - just a few mm for safty.
    You are right, the swingarm goes right through the centerplates. Just like the original ice`s motor mount.
    So for mounting the unit it will get slid onto the lower tube (the one with the yellow stops), then turned upwards and the swingarm slid through it and the upper bolts get attached.
    Using all original mounting points as is.

No - i am not allowed to cut through the main axle, as it is there to serve for the whole lower frames integrity and on top the motor would not fit between those swingarm bearings anyway.

Looks something like the attached pic -the swingarm is not modelled accurately... what matters is just the fact that ,in real life there is a gap of just about 1,2 cm or so.
    I do need some material in there to hold the motor as well.

flo
    x26.jpgx27.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    This one shows better....

x28.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes I understand. Looks ideal the way you have it. Very nice work Flo.

Cheers

Tyler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123