Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: Sevcon Gen4 Size 6, DeltaQ, contactors

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can you elaborate about the DVT? I'm curious about regen and regen braking. I think controlling regen braking on a dirtbike would be very advantageous on technical downhill trails and any advantages electric has over ice tech should be exploited to the max.
    Is regen controlled by the throttle? Can it be controlled by a different means? I have a 10 ohm thumb pot that is used to control Tig torch voltage. It has a fantastic feel with a positive "off" detente and can be mounted easily in position on the handlebar. It could make a nice throttle too, with a built in cruise control, with a little getting used to.
    Last edited by Stevo; 28 November 2017 at 1523.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: http://elmoto.net/showthread.php?t=4354

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    Electro Flyers: 1 Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 - $700 + $50 for programming (Need to know motor you are using)
    Can you get a Sevcon G9930 controller?

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro Flyers View Post
    Can you get a Sevcon G9930 controller?
    The only Sevcon I have readily available are the Gen4 Size 6 model 634A85203.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Can you elaborate about the DVT? I'm curious about regen and regen braking. I think controlling regen braking on a dirtbike would be very advantageous on technical downhill trails and any advantages electric has over ice tech should be exploited to the max.
    Is regen controlled by the throttle? Can it be controlled by a different means? I have a 10 ohm thumb pot that is used to control Tig torch voltage. It has a fantastic feel with a positive "off" detente and can be mounted easily in position on the handlebar. It could make a nice throttle too, with a built in cruise control, with a little getting used to.
    I would suggest reading a little over the Manual for the Sevcon. There are parameters inside that allow you control of certain variables. Also I would join the Endless Sphere forums, where there's a wealth of information there.
    Click here for the DVT manual:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iD...UjX1jDDuhD9ry-

Click here for the Gen4 Manual:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=10K...IW3n7YbMiwiH4u

There are two kinds of regen. One is neutral braking that kicks in when you let off the throttle and acts like engine braking. The other is braking regen. Braking regen is where you have another throttle hooked into another set of input pins for the brake, and acts as a variable regen.

So, long story short, you can do both, independently. I'm not sure how all of the base-loads for each motor are set up, but usually there's some neutral braking set.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man what a great deal. I wish I had a project that needed one of these.

Can you confirm if these are the Size6 that can handle a sin/cos resolver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whats under my tank may shock you!!! R6 Build, Blog/, [/URL] OSU Current webpage

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts & Volts View Post
    Man what a great deal. I wish I had a project that needed one of these.

Can you confirm if these are the Size6 that can handle a sin/cos resolver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Model is: Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 model number 634A85203
    Anything with a 203 at the end means they will accept Hall Sensors or Sine-Cosines sensors.

Post Thanks / Like
    For now I have the following people that want equipment for sure:
    Cmcnall: 1 Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 - $700 + $50 for programming for a ME0913
    Stevo: 1 Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 - $700 + $50 for programming for a ME1304 or ME1616
    Duck-Stew: 1 Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 - $700 + $50 for programming (Need to know motor you are using)
    cjorgensenmd: DeltaQ QuiQ 922-7254 72V charger with DC-DC converter - $250 + $50 for programming for lithium (if required)
    Bernel: 500W Sevcon DC-DC + DeltaQ with DC-DC - $100 + $250 + $50 for programming for lithium (if required)

Not sure:
    Electro Flyers: 1 Sevcon Gen4 Size 6 - $700 + $50 for programming (Need to know motor you are using)
    Thanks Travis, but I'm not interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    All: I just confirmed with my contact at Sevcon that I can get copies of DVT for whomever purchases these controllers. They would install the software and go through me to get license keys. Once the software is installed, it will show you an Activation Code, which you would send to me, and I will get the license key for you.
    That is really awesome news. Thanks for all your work on this.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    You're welcome. I'll be trying to nail things down in the coming week or so.

I just need to confirm if everyone is ready to purchase, and get emails and addresses and crap.

Realize, It may take a couple weeks from time of purchase to when I can ship, as I'll have to program these units. Right now, we're sitting around 8-10 people.

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Also, looking to source wiring harnesses. Waiting on pricing and availability now.
    Last edited by frodus; 29 November 2017 at 2116.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast