Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Greetings from North Wales (UK)

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from North Wales (UK)

Greetings electroheads.
    I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Rob, I'm a lifelong biker, petrol head, but with interest in classic cars too. I have several classic bikes, a couple of classic cars and ride my 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i almost everyday, sadly its mostly to work.
    As I'm in engineering, (Multi skilled) I've always done my own servicing and repairs, so the idea of building my own bike isn't too daunting. I did seriously consider building a diesel bike for economy , but there are a lot of problems to overcome and to be fair most of them are gutless.
    So in the interests of seriously cutting down my commuting costs, I am now looking to build my own electric bike.
    My daily commute is 50 miles to work and back, mostly motorway. I'm hoping that I be able to keep up with modern traffic. As it's early days, I don't yet have a plan , but I have nearly secured a bike ( a non running Suzuki 600) .
    After taking careful measurements of where the drive sprocket sits, I will junk all the parts I don't need.
    I have no real time frame as I have other projects to be getting on with too. I will be looking to this forum for ideas and information especially as regards the correct motor, controller, batteries and what turbo charger I should use. LOL.
    Hope I will be able to contribute along the way.

2. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rob. I found myself in similar situation last year. My project is starting to get off the ground now as I have a controller on the way (Sevcon Gen 4 / Size 6). The build (or RE-build) is a 2010 Zero S. Also check out the endless-sphere forum. Lots of good info and good people there too. Some of the electric bicycle parts and a lot of the theory directly cross over.
    '10 Zero S project

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome Rob,
    nice to see some one so local (im in the wirral) maybe we can hit the Ponderosa Cafe on our e-bikes when we both have them finish.
    what 600 is the Suzuki?