Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dashboard Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    Update from me, I started working with this guy:
    https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...hp?f=7&t=95067

Hoping to launch a product in the next few months. Its bluetooth and Talks to Sevcon and Zeva BMS right now, and displays on Android (program called Torque).

Also paid for my own custom 5" LCD development from a local company that is going to be a nice standalone solution.
    Travis

2. Likes Stevo, Nicman liked this post
    Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    DASHBOARD REVISITED!!

Here is a short video clip of my cell phone dashboard that I am revising soon (still working on some details)

I am replacing the Arduino UNO board because it broke a few months ago. Currently I have a blue tooth controlled relay switch to run my bike. It's not the most secure way but only temporary.
    I am going to try and replace UNO with a Nano, which is much smaller so I can protect it better with antivibration foam in the confines of the blue outlet box.
    I'm going to attempt adding a garage door opener to the app so that I can open and close my garage door with my phone as well.
    I will share my Arduino code here when its proven bug free.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: eVOR.v3.4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

4. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I have made some progress recently to share and hopefully inspire...

I found that the Arduno Uno is not broken after all. It was a broken wire or more from being crammed inside the blue box with all the wires attached

I removed my temporary back-up board to access the problematic temperature sensor connections as well as the broken bluetooth connection

Here is a comparison of the Nano board to the Uno. There's gonna be a lot more wiggle room for all the wires and connections in that small blue box.

I learned that the Genie garage door key fob opener is easy to jump, which can be easy to control by a 5v relay.

I just have a little problem with the app in that when I push the garage door opener button on my phone, the bike's main power relay shuts off. I'm thinking I need a capacitor in that circuit to prevent the relay signal from disruption when the garage door relay turns on. I have no clue on how to size a capacitor. I sent an email to Illius to see maybe I'm forgetting something https://virtuino.com/index.php/contact-us

Ciao!!

update: Just some small syntax error causing this effect!
    Last edited by Stevo; 21 July 2020 at 0904.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    I have completed this project 98% successfully !! YAYYYY
    Here is a video I just shot:

The temp readings go wonky when the bike's Power is turned on. I think because the 5v into ground when the power relay is turned on.
    I don't know if I can fix this with some fancy programming syntax that I haven't learned yet. Maybe I need to put a diode at the ground end of my sensor string's ground wire. Any suggestions ??
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add Stevo on Google+
    Here is the code that I wrote... Feel free to use it
    The include libraries syntax doesn't post on this forum correctly down below.
    If you attempt to try using this and run into problems, shoot me a message and I'll try and help you out
    Cheers!
    "

/*This is my 1st attempt at tidying up my program that I created for my electric motorcycle conversion's secure keyless ignition
    via the Android Virtuino app.
    UNO didnt hold up too well to the motorcycle hits, bumps and crashes!!
    I am replacing a temporary BT relay switch that I have in now in order to continue riding, with an Arduino Nano board.
    These are much smaller, so I will be able to put this and the HC-05 into better foam isolation in order to protect from road vibrations.
    I also intend to make an attempt at adding a garage door opener shield to the Virtuino dashboard. This shield is a modified circuit board found
    inside the Genie garage door opener key fob.

The following code is what you'll need to run the interface between your Arduino board and your cell phone's Virtuino app via Bluetooth...

Before running this code config the settings below as the instructions suggest on the right...
    Virtuino example No3 (Bluetooth)
    Example name = "Read - write to Virtuino memory"
    Created by Ilias Lamprou
    Updated Jul 01 2016

Download latest Virtuino android app from the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tions.virtuino
    Getting starting link:
    Video tutorial link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYR_jigRkgk
    Contact address for questions or comments: iliaslampr@gmail.com
    */

/*========= VirtuinoBluetooth Class methods
    vPinMode(int pin, int state) set pin as digital OUTPUT or digital INPUT. (Instead of using default pinMode method

========= Virtuino General methods
    void vDigitalMemoryWrite(int digitalMemoryIndex, int value) write a value to a Virtuino digital memory (digitalMemoryIndex=0..31, value range = 0 or 1)
    int vDigitalMemoryRead(int digitalMemoryIndex) read the value of a Virtuino digital memory (digitalMemoryIndex=0..31, returned value range = 0 or 1)
    void vMemoryWrite(int analogMemoryIndex, float value) write a value to Virtuino float memory (memoryIndex=0..31, value range as float value)
    float vMemoryRead(int analogMemoryIndex) read the value of Virtuino analog memory (analogMemoryIndex=0..31, returned value range = 0..1023)
    run() neccesary command to communicate with Virtuino android app (on start of void loop)
    int getPinValue(int pin) read the value of a Pin. Usefull for PWM pins
    void vDelay(long milliseconds); Pauses the program (without block communication) for the amount of time (in miliseconds) specified as parameter
    void clearTextBuffer(); Clear the text received text buffer
    int textAvailable(); Check if there is text in the received buffer
    String getText(byte ID); Read the text from Virtuino app
    void sendText(byte ID, String text); Send text to Virtuino app
    */

#include "VirtuinoBluetooth.h" // Include VirtuinoBluetooth library to your code
    /* Also use " " instead of the usual < > used with libraries
    */
    #include //SoftwareSerial.h in < >
    SoftwareSerial bluetoothSerial = SoftwareSerial(3, 5); // arduino RX pin3= goes to HC-05 TX
    //arduino TX pin=5 goes to HC-05 RX *use a voltage divider to protect HC-05 (3.3 v)
    VirtuinoBluetooth virtuino(bluetoothSerial);
    //The following libraries are needed for the DS18B20 temp sensor(s)
    #include // DallasTemperature.h in < >
    #include // OneWire.h in < >
    #define One_Wire_Bus 12 // states the Pin # the temp sensor string is on (yellow wire)
    // Use a 4.7k Ohm pull-up resistor at the start of the string
    OneWire oneWire(One_Wire_Bus);
    DallasTemperature sensors(&oneWire);

boolean debug = true; // set this variable to false on the finale code to decrease the request time if needed

void setup()
    {

bluetoothSerial.begin(9600);
    sensors.begin();

const byte emc_Power (7); // controls Relay switch A for main power on Pin #7
    const byte garage_door (8); // controls Relay switch B for garage door opener shield add-on Pin #8

virtuino.vPinMode(7, OUTPUT); // Relay A to power up eVOR
    virtuino.vPinMode(8, OUTPUT ); // Relay B to send garage door signal
    virtuino.vPinMode(12, INPUT); //string of DSB20S temp sensors

Serial.println("Setup complete.");

}

void readTemperatures()
    {
    Serial.println("Requesting temperatures...");
    sensors.requestTemperatures();
    Serial.println("DONE");
    /* The code following is to read the temp sensors and transmit the data to your android device.
    The DSB20S sensors are on a one wire string and automatically connected closest to arduino pin as first, furthest sensor is last.
    You can add as many sensors as needed. Add a 4.7K Ohm pull-up resistor at the start of the chain between yellow and +5v.

***IMPORTANT: Remember to assign Virtual pins in the Virtuino app settings. The V Pin # is associated with the specific sensor...
    example: virtuino.vMemoryWrite(0, coolantTemp); << this sensor will be assigned V0 pin on my phone
    */
    float coolantTemp = sensors.getTempFByIndex(0); //the first DS18B20 sensor on the BUS line (Coolant Temp)
    float leftBattTemp = sensors.getTempFByIndex(1); // Left Battery temp
    float rightBattTemp = sensors.getTempFByIndex(2); // Right Battery temp
    Serial.println("Temperature for Device 1 is: " + String(coolantTemp));
    Serial.println("Temperature for Device 2 is: " + String(leftBattTemp)); // disable this code line if using only one temp sensor
    Serial.println("Temperature for Device 3 is: " + String(rightBattTemp));

virtuino.vMemoryWrite(0, coolantTemp); // write temperature 1 to virtual pin V0. On Virtuino panel add a value display or an analog instrument to pin V0
    virtuino.vMemoryWrite(1, leftBattTemp); // write temperature 1 to virtual pin V1. On Virtuino panel add a value display or an analog instrument to pin V1
    virtuino.vMemoryWrite(2, rightBattTemp); // Virtual pin V2

}

void loop(void) {

virtuino.run(); // necessary command to communicate with Virtuino android app

/*-- Enter your loop code below here. This is the code that controls the power relay to turn bike on/off.
    Avoid to use delay() function in your code. Use the command virtuino.vDelay() instead of delay()
    Change a virtual memory value every time Pin 7 changed
    Add a Value Display on Virtuino app to virtual memory V1

*** Remember to program the Virtuino code on your Android device to match pins on the Arduino (using Digital or Analog Pin #s)
    */

const byte emc_Power = digitalRead(7); // read the value of Pin 7
    if (emc_Power == HIGH) virtuino.vMemoryWrite(7, HIGH); // change the virtual memory value on the switch set up on the dashboard
    else virtuino.vMemoryWrite(7, LOW); // change the virtual memory value

const byte garage_Door = digitalRead(8); // determines state of pin 8
    if (garage_Door == HIGH) virtuino.vMemoryWrite(8, HIGH); // A momentary button is set up on the dashboard with a 2 second hold time
    else virtuino.vMemoryWrite(8, LOW);

readTemperatures();

virtuino.vDelay(1000);
    }
    "
    Last edited by Stevo; 21 July 2020 at 0857.
    WORX.VOR.v3.2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234