Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arduino Based E-Bike Control Computer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri5 View Post
    well the bike controls still go through the orginal controls and wires but are mostly non invasively monitored by the logic i dont have/want software running saftey controls like brake lights but can still display information in the arduino if they are active. is your speedo a Hall sensor if so where have you mounted it? im torn between the hall sensor-magnet or encoder wheel and Diode. i would like to do a laser diode just so the bikes got a laser
    I know this is a late reply to your speedo question but I have been a little busy with othet projects. My speedo set up is a magneyic hall sensor. I bastardised the analogue speedo gear wheel and fitted a small magnet to it. The hall sensor is mounted on the outside if the analogue speedo and the 5V, signal and ground are fed to an Arduino Mega, I will post photos when I next tear down the instriment cluster. I still have the analogue tacho on the bike, the rpm and temperature gauge were removed and I mounted a 5 inch tft in their place. I scaled the odometer by resetting the trip meter to zero, rotating the front wheel and counting the number of revolutions to get to one mile. I can go down to 2 decimal places. Just need to refine it and add filters to stop it spiking.

PM me if you want more information, I am happy to share.

Bernel

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bernel; 2 Weeks Ago at 1113. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
    What type of Screen are you running? I have been looking for one for my project. How does it show in the sunlight, and can it handle getting wet if it rains a bit? I have been looking at some with dedicated micro-controller drivers and an i2c connection so you don't need a separate arduino to run the screen. Its tough to choose one from online specs though. I'm definitely interested in the opinion of someone who is using one for a similar purpose.
    I bought mine from Sainsmart complete with tft shield. A word if warning though, these are not OEM grade, below 0 celsius and above 25 celsius they start to drift.

Bernel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVRGHST View Post
    @furyphoto - I am not that far along yet with my display project but I settled for this baby to work with:
    7" TFT Screen Touch LCD Display Module w/SSD1963 Controller Board,MCU

It's the largest one I would consider putting on my bike. With an enclosure and the resistive touch sensor cover (like your typical car navigation display), it is considered water resistant but I wouldn't say water proof. It would depend on what kind of seal you can give the display itself once it is inside the enclosure you pick/design/build. It will be fun tinkering with this one to see what I can learn, and make it do. By the way, if you're ordering from these guys, take heed... the Chinese New Year begins next week. Their factory is closed from Feb 8 to Feb 25. Anything that they don't already have in stock will have a lead time of about 4 to 6 weeks depending.
    I bought a 7 inch and 5 inch from Sainsmart, these are the same tft's I believe.

Bernel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123