Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Rumble

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on the Rumble

So, I stumbled on the Rumble. The bike looks awesome, a scooter sized futuristic cafe racer. It looks cool. It's gimmick sadly is the ability to Rumble like a real motorcycle. Personally, I think the look is the selling point. It's a rear hub motor, and the specs I found aren't really telling, but I think I want one.
    What are your thoughts?
    https://www.treehugger.com/bikes/fut...c-scooter.html

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always liked the leading link front design, like the Bimota. We have em on sidehacks too.
    1200px-Bimota_Tesi_3D_factory.jpg
    5703065516_9d8b8d1bca.jpg
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    In think the suggestion that this scooter has anything to do with a "cafe racer" is an insult to anyone who as ever wrenched on an old bike.

This is NOT an electric cafe racer. Its a funky mid-performance electric scooter. They really shouldn't try to pretend like it's anything else.
    The engine noise is incredibly cheesy, and takes away from what otherwise looks like a pretty cool in town commuting scooter.

They are trying to over sell it, which I think is foolish, and makes them look like they dont know what they are talking about.
    Also, I find it highly unlikely that they legally licensed music from Guns n' Roses for their promotional video, which could easily get them sued out of existence for copyright infringement, reinforcing my thoughts that their marketing strategy is misguided.
    Last edited by furyphoto; 27 January 2018 at 1914. Reason: Fat fingers
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

4. Likes Ted Dillard, EVcycle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 'insulting anyone who has wrenched on a motorbike' is a bit of an overreaction. I've seen some pretty horrible ICE cafe racers out there. I don't know if I would have called it a cafe racer, but it kinda follows the lines of cafe racers, so I don't think it an insult.
    As for marketing approach, they are not aiming at the small ebike/emoto enthusiast group.
    One thing, they respond to emails within the day.

Personally, I'd love a scaled up version (18"/17" wheels + more power).

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Perhaps I was being a bit dramatic. And, I have seen some hideous cafe home builds. Just because some dudes' flat black rattle can paint and clip-on hack job does not a cafe make, doesn't mean these guys have any more right to assign the genre to their commuter scooter. I doesn't follow the lines of a cafe at all.
    Seriously, I can't imagine any motorcycle enthusiast on the planet looking at this scooter for the first time and saying, 'Hey, check out that cool electric Cafe Racer!"

I think they are trying to stretch their appeal by trying to call this a cafe racer. I dont think its a wise strategy to pretend to be something you are not.

They have a funky little commuter, it looks fun and practical for around town. It's obvious they didn't design it for the Fonz, they should play to their strengths and target the folks who will actually consider buying it.

Fortunately for their financial future, their demographic likely does not include Axe and Slash.
    -Andrew

mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM

7. Likes Macosie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with the comments above, so hereís my adder: Really like the design, but just call it a scooter and whomever put the noise-maker on the thing didnít think it through...

Did they think the first automobile needed a fake horsesí head on the hood?
    '10 Zero S project

9. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I now like the idea of the sound maker. If I get the Rumble, I'll rewire the speakers to an mp3 player. Then I'll film myself rolling out of the garage with GnR blasting.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck-Stew View Post
    Did they think the first automobile needed a fake horses’ head on the hood?
    LMAO

(...since you asked, that thing is the butt-ugliest excuse for anything on two wheels I think I've ever seen. Well maybe the second most butt ugliest. There's always the Johammer, right? )
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

LOL, compared to the Johammer, the Rumble is fricking beautiful!

The price is right on the Rumble. If they can deliver it for $3500 its probably a worthwhile commuter for some people.

I now like the idea of the sound maker. If I get the Rumble, I'll rewire the speakers to an mp3 player. Then I'll film myself rolling out of the garage with GnR blasting.
    Now that's a much better idea for the speaker! Although it seems like AC/DC would be more appropriate!
    -Andrew

mail(at)andrewdoran.com

Post Thanks / Like
    231 pounds and a 1500 watt hubmotor!? I hope 100 of those pounds are lithium batteries. I'd rather have this for the same money.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/do....php?id=221689

http://www.sur-ron.com/?_l=en

https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/

14. Likes Stevo liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast