Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Rumble

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dillard View Post
    LMAO

(...since you asked, that thing is the butt-ugliest excuse for anything on two wheels I think I've ever seen. Well maybe the second most butt ugliest. There's always the Johammer, right? )
    I'd say Butt-FUGLY!! LOL

The reason I posted pics of Bimota is cause that's what a Leading Link should look like! I had the priviledge of meeting John Britten in Monterey Laguna Seca before he passed away. That was some amazing engineering!
    BrittenV1000 - Copy (2).jpg

AS far as adding a sound system goes...here's my 2 centavos...
    One night a few mos back riding my emc home from work, I snuck right up on a a big 4 point buck standing in the middle of the road. He didn't even hear me coming. There's two conclusions that might be made. It could be a good thing to be so stealthy, as not to spook a dear into jumping in your path, or it could cause them to jump if they look up and are startled to see you suddenly appear! I don't know,
    But either way, I have these on all my bikes:
    screaminghawk.jpg

Its up for debate as far as if these really work!! Knock on wood I haven't hit a dear hard yet (just nudged one off the road once) but I'd rather have one than not!
    Last edited by Stevo; 28 January 2018 at 1232.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: http://elmoto.net/showthread.php?t=4354

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I'd say Butt-FUGLY!! LOL

The reason I posted pics of Bimota is cause that's what a Leading Link should look like! I had the priviledge of meeting John Britten in Monterey Laguna Seca before he passed away. That was some amazing engineering!
    BrittenV1000 - Copy (2).jpg

AS far as adding a sound system goes...here's my 2 centavos...
    One night a few mos back riding my emc home from work, I snuck right up on a a big 4 point buck standing in the middle of the road. He didn't even hear me coming. There's two conclusions that might be made. It could be a good thing to be so stealthy, as not to spook a dear into jumping in your path, or it could cause them to jump if they look up and are startled to see you suddenly appear! I don't know,
    But either way, I have these on all my bikes:
    screaminghawk.jpg

Its up for debate as far as if these really work!! Knock on wood I haven't hit a dear hard yet (just nudged one off the road once) but I'd rather have one than not!
    Friends of our live on an acreage outside of town. Normally the dad put dear whistles on the cars. His daughter got a new car, no whistle, and was the first one to hit a deer. Could just be a coincidence.

The sound issue is a weird one. Some people are hung up on sound.

As for the Rumble... I like the look. I love motorbikes, have owned many. This one works towards my weird side.

To each their own.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Your right. Many thought Eric Buell's creations were buttfugly too ...but I thought they looked cool.
    I wouldn't mind a test spin to try that chassis out. I'm a fan of leading link. It has some major advantages over telescopic forks. I see the chassis as having some potential for a nicely designed fairing with built-in cargo areas. I could design a beauty! I would have to use carbon fiber though, and I've never used this so it would be a learning curve. I have used epoxy and fiber glass before. It must be similar.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh, BTW, the deer whistle experiment is for this particular design, The Screaming Hawk, made in USA!! I know people that had the cheapy knock-off ones and they hit deer and swear the whistles don't work!! LOL
    Last edited by Stevo; 29 January 2018 at 1022.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

4. Likes Macosie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right. Many thought Eric Buell's creations were buttfugly too ...but I thought they looked cool.
    I wouldn't mind a test spin to try that chassis out. I'm a fan of leading link. It has some major advantages over telescopic forks. I see the chassis as having some potential for a nicely designed fairing with built-in cargo areas. I could design a beauty! I would have to use carbon fiber though, and I've never used this so it would be a learning curve. I have used epoxy and fiber glass before. It must be similar.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh, BTW, the deer whistle experiment is for this particular design, The Screaming Hawk, made in USA!! I know people that had the cheapy knock-off ones and they hit deer and swear the whistles don't work!! LOL
    Well, I took advantage of the$2990 indiegogo price. It's likely to be delivered in a month, but I'm trying to push it back until June, because I'll be here in India until then.
    I'll post an update/review once I get it.

6. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, people think the Rumble is ugly, but the the Johammer is uglier...
    I still want a Johammer. Actually, I don't like the body nor handlebars, but I'd love to modify one. I can totally see a steampunk or dieselpunk design for that chassis. The 120 kph top speed and 200 km range are what I'd love in a bike.
    It's just hard to spend $30000 on a bike you plan to tear down. I wonder if any come on the second hand market?

Post Thanks / Like
    The bikes are on their way. Still a few weeks, and I'm not home til July, so no worries.
    The now have 3 colour combos:

Post Thanks / Like
    I can totally see the cafe'racer styling in its design elements...its pretty neat looking, tho would be much better with larger 17" wheels

but can you register it to be street legal, does it come with a title?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T Rush View Post
    I can totally see the cafe'racer styling in its design elements...its pretty neat looking, tho would be much better with larger 17" wheels

but can you register it to be street legal, does it come with a title?
    I agree with the 17inch wheels. It is supposed to be registerable. In some places you can do the ebike thing. In Canada, I will have to register and licence it as a small motorcycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give us a first hand review after you've taken delivery and put some miles on it! I'm curious about the suspension and handling. The rear shock spring looks beefy to support the hub motor weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give us a first hand review after you've taken delivery and put some miles on it! I'm curious about the suspension and handling. The rear shock spring looks beefy to support the hub motor weight.
    Definitely will do that. I'm intrigued to see how it rides, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast