Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Energica drops 2017 model prices

Post Thanks / Like

Energica drops 2017 model prices

While I was visiting my BMW dealer's showroom in Mountain View, California, last Saturday, they were in the process of dropping the prices on their 2017 Energica models to only $16,100 for the base Eva model. That is quite a drop from the original price when the bikes were introduced into CA last year. Of course, the higher-spec and factory-accessorized models will have higher prices, but they all have dropped a similar amount. If you ask me, that is quite a deal considering the build quality and technology stuffed into that bike. The 2018 models are expected to arrive in March and someone mentioned on another forum that their prices should also be lower than they were last year.

But if you prefer scooters over motorcycles, the BMW C-Evolution (with the upgraded batteries) is selling in California for not much over $13,000, as I recall.

My guess is that both of these companies are losing money on every sale in an effort to grow the two-wheel EV market.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.