Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lit C-1 surfaces, sort of

Post Thanks / Like

Lit C-1 surfaces, sort of

According to City Bike magazine, the founder of Lit Motors, Daniel Kim, who may be still trying to develop his C-1 two wheel, self-balancing, car-thing, crashed his 2013 Ducati Panigale 1199 at Laguna Seca during a track day, hosted by Keigwins@theTrack, crashed when he ran off the track and ran over a sandbag. He suffered injuries that he says totaled $500,000 in medical costs. The article doesn't say how much he is trying to recover in the lawsuit from Keigwins.

The article does quote Kim as saying in an email sent to people interesting in the C-1 project: "This event has further galvanized my dedication to bringing the C-1 to market. Creating a safer ride for millions of people and making dangerous two-wheeled vehicles with no gyroscopes a thing of the past."
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, but will it win races?
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Ya, but will it win races?
    Not if it runs off the track, across the gravel runoff area and then over sandbags put there to control water flow across the track. But on the other hand the C-1 could carry an ambulance-chasing lawyer in the back seat just in case this should happen, so that is one big advantage for the vehicle.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

4. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya. So you say he is suing Keigwins for a mishap that was caused by himself because he lost control of an inferior designed 2 wheeled vehicle according to his own words? Well, if you can sue McDs for spilling hot coffee on yourself, I'm sure he'll win the lawsuit. Geeeez
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Add furyphoto on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Well, if you can sue McDs for spilling hot coffee on yourself, I'm sure he'll win the lawsuit. Geeeez
    Funny, I was just talking to someone about this yesterday, you should check out the documentary
    http://www.hotcoffeethemovie.com . There is a lot more to that case than most people know. It's a sordid tale of corporate arrogance, ignorance, negligence, and bullying.
    -Andrew

http://www.andrewdoran.com
    mail(at)andrewdoran.com

My ElMoto Project "Electric Hurricane" - 1987 Honda CBR600 F1: Check out my Build ALBUM
    My ICE Cafe Racer Project "My Precious" - 1983 Honda CM400 Classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind...he is not worth the comment....
    Last edited by EVcycle; 31 March 2018 at 1438.
    EV Ed
    Never let being a responsible adult get in the way of passion and curiosity.
    Juiced Drag Racing
    Motenergy.com
    Ev album 2456, 2458, 2457, 2681, 3456, 3630

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a video and details of the crash and lawsuit, including speculation on what winning the lawsuit might do to track day organizations. You also get a picture of Kim and two Lit C-1 vehicles:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...nd-club-racing

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
    Funny, I was just talking to someone about this yesterday, you should check out the documentary
    http://www.hotcoffeethemovie.com . There is a lot more to that case than most people know. It's a sordid tale of corporate arrogance, ignorance, negligence, and bullying.
    I know I'd be hotif the lid came off and spilled scalding hot coffee all over the inside of my vehicle. I'm lucky, I've only had a coke all over

I think they should be responsible to design a better container to dispense hot and cold liquids to vehicles. Because they are also responsible if an accident occurs because of a defective container or container failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I've seem that documentary too...kinda an eye opener

but I've never done a track day....seems like you would have to sign off on any personal injury? no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast