Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello from montreal, canada

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from montreal, canada

Hi everyone. My name is john. I am new to this forum. I look forward to learning more about electric propulsion and how its adapted to motorcycling. My goal is to build a custom electric motorcycle.
    I already have the chassis. Its stripped and ready to go.

2. Likes Spaceweasel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, its good to see more and more people join the forum. What are some of your build goals? (Range, Speed, etc)

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Start a build thread and post some before, in between as you go, and after pics!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

Electric biuld

Quote Originally Posted by aggrc View Post
    Hello, its good to see more and more people join the forum. What are some of your build goals? (Range, Speed, etc)
    Honestly, im a speed freak. I would love to get up to something like 200hp. Realistically though, if i can cruise at 70ish mph, have a range of 100-150 miles im happy.
    I can keep the speed riding for my turbo gsxr.
    I dont know how to post pics here. I can show you where im at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. What chassis are you looking at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John paps View Post
    Honestly, im a speed freak.
    THAT's what I like to hear! LOL

Whenever I showed the bikes, people were always assuming I was all about the green. What got me started had nothing to do with green technology. I started imagining what a big-ass electric motor would feel like in a bike.

When I had the R5 fitted with lipo cells and an ultralight pack, it was the first time I scared the crap outta myself on a motorcycle, since riding my bored, ported, pipey as all hell RD350 in the '80s. It was like hitting the power band, but all the time.

Rock on! Hope you have as much fun as I did!
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the 80's I was riding a cafe'd out '78 Honda Hawk, always enjoyed dicing it out with RD400's, which ALWAYS kicked my ass... until I got my 500 Interceptor. Even the King (Kenny Roberts) ditched an RZ350 into the Pacific Ocean off Hawaii after test riding the RZ 350 and 500 Interceptor back to back! That was a fun bike!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Salut John, I'm close at Laval still working on my first project, it's good to know there more people around with ev-project. Welcome to the forum, if you need help, i'm not a expert like some in this forum but I be happy to help and share information. We need to push the Quebec forward to go faster !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureQc View Post
    Salut John, I'm close at Laval still working on my first project, it's good to know there more people around with ev-project. Welcome to the forum, if you need help, i'm not a expert like some in this forum but I be happy to help and share information. We need to push the Quebec forward to go faster !!
    Im in st. Eustache. The build will be more focused once my front end is finished being built. I have respected the dimensions and parameters we have to adhere to with the quebec vehicle law. Once the project becomes a rolling chassis, then footpeg placement, seat height and handlebar placement will decide the rest.