Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stuttering with PMDC bike

Post Thanks / Like

Stuttering with PMDC bike

Hey y'all, I am experiencing an issue with my bike that I want to see if anyone might know about. I have very rough power delivery when applying throttle. It previously was very smooth and linear, but now it's very choppy.

My setup:
    ME0709 (updated brushes)
    Alltrax AXE7234
    Domino throttle
    22s Leaf cells

I experience it more at partial throttle, under 55mph- but it may just be smoothing out with greater intertia at that point, or when the controller is at 100% duty cycle. I plan to get into it later this week and see if there is anything obvious like loose connections, but I would appreciate any tips on things to look for.

I am slightly suspicious of the Domino throttle. I am going to try and find an old analog multimeter so I can see how smooth the resistance sweep is from 0-100%.
    Last edited by nedfunnell; 2 Weeks Ago at 1606. Reason: Didn't lay it down on the throttle side, other side

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Got into the bike today to see what I could see and check balance. All high-current connections look and feel OK with no signs of heating/arcing. I also grabbed an analog multimeter to do a check on the throttle- and I think I do see a bit of 'flutter' at the lower end of the range, which would add up with my observation. I'm hoping somebody else with a Domino that's having no problems could repeat the test and see if things look similar, or different.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a similar setup, magura throttle, 22nissan leaf cells, ~92v max. with a AXE7240 controller.
    I think mine was my gear ratio though.

I am setup with a 13t with a 65t rear sprocket and at about 40mph (50percent max speed) the bike is sensitive to any more throttle input. (Jerky and sputtery response).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nicman; 1 Week Ago at 0616. Reason: so many words

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have (had) the same setup Nicman has and never experienced issues like you described. Sounds like a loose ground somewhere ??

How many miles on the motor? Could it be time for new brushes?
    Last edited by Stevo; 1 Week Ago at 0919.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: http://elmoto.net/showthread.php?t=4354