Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from San Francisco

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from San Francisco

I know a couple of local Zero owners and have looked at their bikes but otherwise my only experience with e-vehicles was doing some welding on a friend's Citicar several decades ago. I've been racing/designing/building my own ICE motorcycles for 45+ years, but the quiet/smoothness of the Zeros interests me.

Unfortunately if I can't see things moving it must be magic. I'm a gearhead and I can do electrics where I pour electrons in one end of a wire and it falls out the other, but electronics are largely a mystery to me. I've been looking at some build threads but if I do something it will need to use a turn-key battery/controller/motor package spec'd by someone who has a clue.

cheers,
    Michael

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Michael and enjoy the learning curves! Its a different kind of ride, but until a person experiences it themselves, its kinda indescribable. The torque and acceleration have a feel unlike any ICE rides. Batteries are only going to improve from here on out.
    So if you decide to dive in and build a project, pay initial attention to the motor and controller for whatever chassis you want to use. Then, future upgrades to your battery will make the build improve with each new update. My 2 cents!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow HotrodLambretta On Twitter Add HotrodLambretta on Facebook
    Visit HotrodLambretta's Youtube Channel Visit HotrodLambretta's Vimeo Channel
    Hi Michael.

Jason