Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electric Race Kart build

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frodus View Post
    Stevo,
    I'm using the The Manzanita Micro charger t charge. It can be lower or higher than the pack I'm charging. It boosts the voltage and then regulates it. You can't just connect packs together without some sort of power controller in between.
    I didn't think so... I'm still trying to learn how to integrate solar panels with different battery packs. I have 4 deep cell Pb acid batts to make one battery bank with, and then the retired Nissan Leaf bank to make another one. I was going to make the Pb acid bank a separate 12 volt system, and keep the Nissan bank a separate high 110 volt system. I'm researching different solar converters/chargers now. I have a lot to learn still on how to tie it all together. Sorry for taking your thread off topic!!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    It's OK, lets start a DIY Powerwall discussion, that's basically what it is you're trying to do, right?

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. Ya, except with multiple power wall banks. Have to keep them isolated. I'll be contacting you soon about setting up the Sevcon. My battbox is 1/2 done.
    Last edited by Stevo; 14 August 2018 at 0814.
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345