Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Toledo, Ohio

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Functional Artist View Post
    So, this is how you'all treat newbies?

I joined this forum to share my electric motorcycle conversion. (~2,800 views in 3 weeks)

In my first week, of being a new member of this forum, I've been told
    ...my writing is unreadable
    ...my videos suck
    ...my motor is in a bad place
    ...my "jack shaft" idler is "an overweight and overwrought design"
    ...if this was some incredible build, I'd be a lot more willing to put up with the idiosyncratic style, but honestly, it's not.
    ...it's a "low powered", "art bike
    ...& then, I got banned for defending myself, my craftsmanship & my art in "my own thread"

I am & have been a member of many forums for many years & I have never been bullied or have ever had a problem like this & I have never before, been banned from any forum...ever.

IMO
    This Ted Dillard & Electro Flyers are "classic/textbook" examples of "Trolls" or some may refer this type of behavior as "Haters"

They Trolled & Flamed & Spammed "my" motorcycle build thread until it was deemed "impossible to follow" & got it "closed"
    Perhaps you should learn how to accept suggestions and opinions about your posts and builds without resorting to "defending" yourself with
    name calling, threats, and general bad manners. Maybe then, you won't be banned and shut-down!

My family is going through a painful time where one member has a rare, crippling brain disease that results in unpredictable, frustrating, and erratic behavior. Some of your behavior on this forum mirrors that family members behavior. Without being judgmental, and asking with as much patience as I can muster, do you have some condition that might explain your behavior on this forum? If so, I think we are all big enough here to accept that reality and deal with it the best we can. Converting motorcycles to EVs should be open to all people with the skills and desires to do so.
    But, people here are still not going to let you get away with crappy/unsafe designs and builds without comments! I would expect, and welcome, the same response from the people here(you included) for my designs and builds. You should too.
    Last edited by Electro Flyers; 11 September 2018 at 0956. Reason: sp

2. Likes frodus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothin' worse than a bad joke posted twice. apologies. Delete at will, Zoomsmith!
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 11 September 2018 at 0946.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I had to go back and read the original thread this guy is complaining about to record some of the insults and one threat in particular, and I honestly can't believe he was such a dick about some really fairly benign, and actually respectful discussion. I mean, I kept thinking, gosh, I must have been a total ass, and I sure am capable of that, I'd be the first to admit. But this time? I just kind of like, what the ****.

Whatever.
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 12 September 2018 at 0736.
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dillard View Post
    nothin' worse than a bad joke posted twice. apologies. Delete at will, Zoomsmith!
    Actually, in a fun way, I kinda liked the poster. Would it have killed you(God, there's that phrase again) for me to share top billing with you?!!

6. Likes Ted Dillard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL you been talking to your agent again?

OKAY OKAY here you go:

Pulp-O-Mizer_Cover_Image.jpg

My momma could tell you - I shouldn't be encouraged.
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL you been talking to your agent again?

OKAY OKAY here you go:

Pulp-O-Mizer_Cover_Image.jpg

My momma could tell you - I shouldn't be encouraged.
    Ted, you call yourself a writer and published author? Top billing is side by side, not over and under! I'm really beginning to wonder about YOUR writing skills.
    Last edited by Electro Flyers; 11 September 2018 at 1200. Reason: Bad writing

9. Likes Ted Dillard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cover designer wouldn't go for it... messed up her illustration.
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I no longer respond to "trolls", I report their behavior, as per proper forum etiquette. PM sent.

12. Likes Ted Dillard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, "Functional Artist" technically means an artist that is functional. Or, to put it another way, an artist that functions. Doesn't even really make sense.

(Grammar. It's what I do.)
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 12 September 2018 at 0738.
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I had to go back and read the original thread this guy is complaining about to record some of the insults and one threat in particular, and I honestly can't believe he was such a dick about some really fairly benign, and actually respectful discussion. I mean, I kept thinking, gosh, I must have been a total ass, and I sure am capable of that, I'd be the first to admit. But this time? I just kind of like, what the ****.

Whatever.
    Still, editing "old" posts?

To continually insult me & try-n justify your actions. (pathetic)

It's been fFlagged & reported. (again)

15. Likes Ted Dillard liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast