Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Curtis Hera

Post Thanks / Like

The Curtis Hera

OK, I'm gonna say it. I like the looks of this thing.

2020-Curtiss-Hera-header.jpg

Although the "V8 battery" thing is a little meaningless, still, it's running dual Zero motors and has some legacy. See the story in Electrek here: https://electrek.co/2018/08/24/curti...ic-motorcycle/

...kinda reminds me of the Zero Engineering bikes: http://www.zero-eng.com/

shovel copy.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 26 August 2018 at 0312.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet is uses the latest 2018 Zero SR battery pack, too. However, the picture of the Hera doesn't exactly impress me with its ability to roll down the road any time soon.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a very large amount of anti-squat force in that rear suspension design. This looks like another "art" or "made for collectors" vehicle to me.

cheers,
    Michael

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the long wheelbase at first glance. Front suspension looks interesting
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    There's a very large amount of anti-squat force in that rear suspension design. This looks like another "art" or "made for collectors" vehicle to me.

cheers,
    Michael
    You'll get no argument here... Even the Zero Engineering bikes look more for show to me than for actual performance.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Stevo, the front end is a girder fork. They can be made to work well if the details are attended to (and with a good modern damper instead of the friction dampers of a century ago). The links on this one are on the short side which can cause some odd spots in the wheel path unless the travel is kept pretty short. But that thing may not have to travel farther than from an artist's computer screen to a website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathansmith View Post
    This electronic bike is amazing. My friend brought it last month and i took a ride of it so I also want to buy it. The technolozy used in this bike is good.
    If your friend brought a Curtiss Hera and you rode it, I assume that you are both as virtual as that picture of the Hera.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield 500, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.