Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sun 300-1774

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I haven't been of any use sooner - have been up to my neck here and haven't been on the forum.

If you haven't gotten this sorted already, the following may be useful:
    As PC/Server supplies, they mostly likely have a standby wire which requires connection to ground before the primary outputs will turn on.
    Powered up (ie: the unit plugged in and switched on) that wire will float to either 5 or 12V so you should be able to find it with a meter. Connect the suspect to ground, maybe use a 200mA fuse or a 300-Ohm resistor in-line just to be safe, and check the main lines. You should find they come up to voltage at that point. As Frodus says above, regulation may be a bit ropey in the absence of a load, but it should still be thereabouts. An appropriate bulb on each line will show the supply's true colours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Sorry I haven't been of any use sooner - have been up to my neck here and haven't been on the forum.

If you haven't gotten this sorted already, the following may be useful:
    As PC/Server supplies, they mostly likely have a standby wire which requires connection to ground before the primary outputs will turn on.
    Powered up (ie: the unit plugged in and switched on) that wire will float to either 5 or 12V so you should be able to find it with a meter. Connect the suspect to ground, maybe use a 200mA fuse or a 300-Ohm resistor in-line just to be safe, and check the main lines. You should find they come up to voltage at that point. As Frodus says above, regulation may be a bit ropey in the absence of a load, but it should still be thereabouts. An appropriate bulb on each line will show the supply's true colours.
    I plugged in and tested each other pin to ground and got no voltage on any pin. I'll open it back up to see if I missed anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.. In that case maybe present a load a Frodus mentions. Good sturdy bulb or similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12