Power in Flux
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Help needet getting small order shipped from USA (CA) to germany

Post Thanks / Like

Help needet getting small order shipped from USA (CA) to germany

Hi all,
    i start a new thread for this as i want to reach as many of you out there as possible.

Having exchanged some fruitless e-mails regarding shipping for a small order, i finaly managed to source all but one items over here in Europe.
    The webshop in question has a major flaw as it does not offer USPS when delivery out of USA, even so their CS claims that.
    Not taking any chances to rely on the "your notes here" as suggested by their CS, because either they read only half a message or did not understand me with all mails before. Their last offering was 69 Dollars via USPS, for a 35 Dollar shopping cart. (could be send in one of those padded letter /cd / envelopes).
    Please remember that i have to pay Import fee and VAT on top of that ( incl. shipping) which would turn shipping alone into a 78 Euro bill. Well- i aint Donald Duck i work hard for my money.
    For the life of me i cannot find those parts in ebay, alibaba, or any other ev supply or electrical "shop" and this means i am stuck.

So:
    Anyone IN the USA wants to help me out? (i guess preferable in CA or a close by state)

Here is what i suggest:
    Once someone found willing to do me the favor i send a PN or e-mail with the parts wanted and the link of where to obtain.
    You simply go to their webpage, look it up and reply how much it is delivered to your door and how much it will cost you sending it to germany via USPS. Of course i am happy to pay reasonable on top for gas, time and hazzle.

I will wire you the money first so there is absolutely no risk on your side.
    And just to mention, there is no hurry so no one needs to feel urged or pressed.

Any takers?

greets

flo

Behind the Redwood Curtain- REDWOOD ORIGINAL!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    No worries Flo... I live in CA and don't mind helping an emc brother out!
    What is it that you need?
    I know too well the problems with mail orders. I live in a rural area where USPS doesn't deliver to my physical address. I have to have a PO Box to get my USPS mail. Many online shippers wont sell to me because they wont ship to a PO Box!! I've had countless products sent back to the seller because of it. It's not rocket science but is sure a PITA alot a times!!
    Current rides: '96 Honda Ohlins VFR, '03 Cannondale C440R, '03 Cannondale Cannibal, '06 Yamaha 450 Wolverine 4x4
    Current builds: WORX.VOR.v3.2

Post Thanks / Like

My Social Networking

Follow frodus On Twitter
    What is the part? I ship all over the world and custom order parts all the time, and use USPS and have legit customs forms.

4. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats quick.
    Thanks Stevo, but i guess if you already have trouble getting parts...
    So i will PN frodus / Travis first.

Travis:
    PN on the way

Post Thanks / Like
    @all

Just for the record:
    I do not want to disclose the ev-supplier here as i am sure they are a well reputed and sound ev company.
    Guess this is sort of a freak accident which does not mirror their usual CS or selling behavior.

flo

Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    On the one hand, I respect and appreciate that sentiment. On the other, if they're the only place to get the product where you're located, it'd be nice to know who we're talking about so anyone wishing to do the same will have a heads up and possibly help the company solve the problem before it becomes a problem...

Just being devil's advocate here, but as a retailer I wouldn't mind a respectful post about a problem we've had in the past and want to avoid in the future - and you've been very respectful of them.
    Last edited by Ted Dillard; 2 Weeks Ago at 0804.
    Power in Flux: The History of Electric Motorcycles
    www.powerinflux.com